none
Internet Explorer 9 opens .csv instead of download

Question

• Hello,

I have a problem in terms of Internet Explorer 9 handling with attachments .Txt or. Csv: On a 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise workstation with IE9, csv files are automatically opened in a new tab without displaying the save / open options. The regular (in IE8) windos for saving files is not showing in any  other tested browsers, Firefox 21 and Chrome.

I did a downgrade to Internet Explorer 8 and the problem was gone on all browsers, I went back to Internet Explorer 9 and again I face this problem. I reset IE settings to default, check for add-ons, tried to open the website without addons, non of this worked.  I tried also IE 10 and 11 and the problem is the same. It affects the settings for all other browsers.

I need to make this work in Internet Explorer 9, if there is any other solution, please help!
    Thanks in advance!
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Start>Run Regedit.exe

HKCR\.csv

what opener application do you have associated for files with a .csv association?

your server should be using a application/octet-stream MIME-TYPE...

you probably still have Office 2003 installed and IIS6 on the server.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Hi Cozmin,

I would like to suggest you set .csv association with Excel through default program.

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have a problem in terms of Internet Explorer 9 handling with attachments .Txt or. Csv: On a 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise workstation with IE9, csv files are automatically opened in a new tab without displaying the save / open options. The regular (in IE8) windos for saving files is not showing in any  other tested browsers, Firefox 21 and Chrome.

I did a downgrade to Internet Explorer 8 and the problem was gone on all browsers, I went back to Internet Explorer 9 and again I face this problem. I reset IE settings to default, check for add-ons, tried to open the website without addons, non of this worked.  I tried also IE 10 and 11 and the problem is the same. It affects the settings for all other browsers.

I need to make this work in Internet Explorer 9, if there is any other solution, please help!

Thanks in advance!
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Start>Run Regedit.exe

HKCR\.csv

what opener application do you have associated for files with a .csv association?

your server should be using a application/octet-stream MIME-TYPE...

you probably still have Office 2003 installed and IIS6 on the server.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Hi Cozmin,

I would like to suggest you set .csv association with Excel through default program.

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:43 AM