none
turn off information bar

Question

• I have tried to turn the information bar off for file downloads.  I do not have an option to enable automatic prompting for file downloads. I have explorer 9. can I turn off the information bar.  I am trying to open a download in a newtab.
    Sunday, April 08, 2012 4:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Which information bar?.... please quote the message that it displays. IE on client and server versions of windows are different... please quote your windows version also.

for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Sunday, April 08, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Hi,

Which information bar?.... please quote the message that it displays. IE on client and server versions of windows are different... please quote your windows version also.

for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Internet Explorer 9.  When I download a file, there is information bar that always pops up at the bottom of my screen.  I followed the directions in windows help about turning off the information bar for downloads, but it does not work for me because I do not have a choice in security settings to enable prompting for file downloads. Is this not the right forum because this is the one that I was told to post to via the help suggestions. thank you

janine latulippe

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:21 AM
  • That is Download Manager. No options to disable it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:19 AM