none
What is "The 'virtual storage mount notification' add-on from 'eldos corporation'

Question

• I just installed IE9 (public release), and I'm seeing a pop-up at the bottom of the browser window that states:

"The 'Virtual Storage Mount Notification' add-on from 'EldoS Corporation' is ready for use."

Does anyone know what this is exactly?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:52 PM

Answers

• This is exactly "virtual storage mount notification" module, which notifies Explorer about virtual storage mounting. This module is installed and used by various software by different vendors. The module is not an end-user application and it is not intended to be enabled or disabled by the user.

Detailed information can be found in EldoS Corporation knowledgebase (and please stop searching it on third-party sites).

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:44 PM

All replies

• This is exactly "virtual storage mount notification" module, which notifies Explorer about virtual storage mounting. This module is installed and used by various software by different vendors. The module is not an end-user application and it is not intended to be enabled or disabled by the user.

Detailed information can be found in EldoS Corporation knowledgebase (and please stop searching it on third-party sites).

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:44 PM
  • hey I just got the same, wonder where this comes from ???

https://cid-640aa762754142f0.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/IE%20alert.JPG

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:34 PM
  • could be originating from a "Wuala" driver... this was my first thought as this is the only recent change on my system and this seems confirmed here

http://forum.wuala.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1032

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:37 PM
  • just posted about it on their forums:

https://forum.wuala.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1346

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:41 PM
  • okay just thinking lol this is probably just related to the ability of uploading files through Wuala web interface.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 4:42 PM
  • (1) I have purchased MSWIN-7 64 Bit. IE-9 is the *only* option. It is installed and we *cannot* back-rev to IE-8 or IE-7 on MSWIN-7 64 Bit. (Thank you so much, MS). (2) Several things (including apps from HP) that work with IE-8 and IE-7, do not work with IE-9 . (3) Upon using IE-9, we see a pop-up (at the bottom of the screen) , "The 'Virtual Storage Mount Notification' add-on from "EldosS Corporation' is ready for use. Enable or Don't Enable". (4) Whatever "EldosS Corporation" is, we all realize that Microsoft is the big-boy on the block. So Microsoft, can you tell us all if it is *safe* to enable, whatever this is ? Pretty please ? Thanks for helping us all.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:37 AM
  • (1) I have purchased MSWIN-7 64 Bit. IE-9 is the *only* option. It is installed and we *cannot* back-rev to IE-8 or IE-7 on MSWIN-7 64 Bit. (Thank you so much, MS). (2) Several things (including apps from HP) that work with IE-8 and IE-7, do not work with IE-9 . (3) Upon using IE-9, we see a pop-up (at the bottom of the screen) , "The 'Virtual Storage Mount Notification' add-on from "EldosS Corporation' is ready for use. Enable or Don't Enable". (4) Whatever "EldosS Corporation" is, we all realize that Microsoft is the big-boy on the block. So Microsoft, can you tell us all if it is *safe* to enable, whatever this is ? Pretty please ? Thanks for helping us all.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:38 AM
  • What kind of answer is this? It shouldn't have to be a reasearch project for users if it's part of the 'standard product' distribution. The obvious concern is how or why did it get installed ... did it come from Microsoft or some rougue app or website?  It seemed to be 'right out of the box' on my system. But lets face it: it's not obvious why 99% of the web browsing population would be needing this ... at least based on the name

???

Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:50 PM
  • What a useless answer. Since you are an Eldo employee and your answer is disrespectful of the potential users of your addon, I must conclude that your addon is also disrespectful of its potential users. Therefore, I will disable the addon.
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:21 PM
  • I agree with the other poster who feels the "EldosS Employee" is disrespectful.  What a completely Condescending B.S. answer!

The EldoS Corporation is obviously under scrutiny, because of this add on.  This creates an opportunity to either:

A) Provide users with a simple, yet thorough explanation of what this module does, why it's being loaded and what the companies security/privacy policies are or

B) Have some misc. tech. representative with ZERO Customer Service skills fail to resolve concerns, disrespect the users who are affected, make themself look like an @ss and in the process, create a P.R. problem for the company.

I guess you decided "B" was the best answer!?'

#EPICFAIL ~ Module DISABLED!!

Friday, February 24, 2012 4:51 AM
  • Your comment is inadequate. We are not a vendor of end-user software. We don't work with users. Consequently we don't have obligation to explain anything to you here, on third-party forum. As I specified, if one is interested in answer, he is welcome to use our support channels for assistance.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:14 AM
  • You should be happy that you are nor a vendor of end-user software.  With the attitude you have towards end users, you would be out of business very quickly.  Since this showed up on my PC without my knowing that it was even there, I can assume that your error message was bundled with something I installed, and I will find that and uninstall it right away.  Then I will help spread the word about your lack of concern about the "end-user".

As a partner in the company, you have set a VERY bad image in the minds of those people who are looking for answers.  There will be a LOT more people reading this thread soon, so I hope you can live with your answers and poor attitude.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Go ahead. You can as well write to your congressman or to Pope as well.
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:12 PM
  • This is amusing, because a Google for 'EldoS Corporation' now displays in this topic as the 2nd result where Eugene is acting disrespectful. And Bing as well.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:32 PM
  • This should be interesting.

The charming Mr Mayevski's responses are slowly but surely going viral.

Popcorn anyone?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:45 AM
  • This would be a very slow motion show, I am afraid. But anyway going viral is great.

Sincerely yours, Eugene Mayevski

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:21 AM
  • What a condescending pr...k of an answer! However plainly in the link in the second post is the actual answer: "While the module can not be uninstalled without uninstalling the software, it can be safely disabled in Internet Explorer.".

Why Messier (sic) Mayevski cannot say something simple about what the relationship is between this module and the underlying software and how it basically relates to IE9 is just too astonishing for words, instead of taking a troll approach to his own company. Makes you suspect he is a ring in - does anyone else benefit by the disabling of this module I wonder? Because that is plainly the intended outcome of EM's approach to the topic. If he REALLY thought what he says he wouldn't bother posting IMHO. So let's go with the conspiracy theory, shall we?

Of course people who have this pop-up will Google their way here, or at least a percentage will. With the outcome that the Disable button gets pressed.

Pure curiosity leaves me wondering if anyone can actually tell us what the actual issue / purpose is of this software, and what we now don't have the ability to do as a result of hitting Disable and why we might want whatever it is in our life? If not then maybe Eugene could at least entertain fellow readers by slagging off at me too.......

• Proposed as answer by VinceS2 Friday, June 15, 2012 11:22 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Eugene, as a representative of Edlo, please refrain from being rude.  If we find an unrecognized program and haven't ever heard of the company before, many of us will NOT go to the site for fear of a malicious infection.  It is perfectly understandable for a person to ask Microsoft about another company.  If you don't understand why people contact Microsoft to ask questions about other companies, then maybe the position of a spokesperson isn't for you...
    • Proposed as answer by VICTORE410 Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:42 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:50 PM
  •  I think I might have an answer that driver or Corp appears on the Slimware Utilites website...they produce such programs as Slim Cleaner...their programs are free though?
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Hi everyone,

Here is Andy from CloudBerry Lab, just want to let the forum user know that we had nothing but best of luck with EldoS, It is a great piece of software and great support! Actually I would thank you Eugene for jumping to the thread and trying to explain what is not directly related to their software.  

Regards

Andy 

Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:56 AM
  • I have entirely removed it from my computer, unregistered the DLLs and everything. Literally nothing bad happened. Period. This add-on is as useless as the employee who answered it apparently.
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:44 AM