Internet Explorer Keeps Freezing

Pregunta

• When I first open Internet explorer it works just fine.. But with in a minute or so it freezes and does not respond.  It is on my new lap top and really want help
    jueves, 19 de julio de 2007 5:25

Todas las respuestas

• Does a page get loaded
    Do you get any message at all ? (Exception or something) ?

In your taskmanager (right mouse click on taskbar - taskmanager) does iexplore.exe take up all the the cpu processing or not ?

• Propuesto como respuesta Deskspud lunes, 26 de abril de 2010 17:48
    sábado, 21 de julio de 2007 21:32
  •  

I have the same problem.  Pages load (though it seems the freeze happens before they are finished loading).  No messages.  Task manager shows that IE is using 100% of the processor or close to it.

Thanks to anyone with any ideas.

miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2007 23:25
  • hd sm tbl until i removed kb885523 t.v media adware u can aslo try kb886590 t.v media removal tool...hp it hlps u.

• Propuesto como respuesta Deskspud lunes, 26 de abril de 2010 17:49
    domingo, 30 de septiembre de 2007 2:06
  •  

Maybe you can write this in English.  I have no idea what you wrote.
    miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2007 1:56
  • he said :

had same trouble until i removed kb885523 t.v media adware you can aslo try kb886590 t.v media removal tool...hope it helps you.

anyway i have the same problem as well it seems to be certain websites that it has trouble with sometimes it shows a message about adobe flash 9 plugin. but that could be a one off.

• Propuesto como respuesta Quick Details lunes, 13 de septiembre de 2010 1:11
    lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2007 0:04
  • yep same happens to em  its annoying

jueves, 11 de septiembre de 2008 10:31
  • Mine freezes my machine completely. It started about 3 weeks ago. Anyone know why?
    domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2008 18:40
  • Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 Beta has become almost totally unusable on my Dell XPS 630i desktop PC and a Lenovo T60P laptop.

Almost all the time now whenever I try and use IE8 it just hangs and hangs and I have to got to the Task Manager and close down anywhere from 1-3 instances of ieexplore.exe. I try it again and the same thing it just hangs all the time.

It became worse about 2 weeks ago and nothing has been installed on either machine except for Windows Updates.

It is so bad I am using Firefox now as my default browser.

I tried the View all sites in compatability mode and it made no difference.

Not sure what's happening as it has been driving me crazy!!!!!!!
    sábado, 14 de febrero de 2009 10:50
  • SevenRules said:

Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 Beta has become almost totally unusable on my Dell XPS 630i desktop PC and a Lenovo T60P laptop.

Almost all the time now whenever I try and use IE8 it just hangs and hangs and I have to got to the Task Manager and close down anywhere from 1-3 instances of ieexplore.exe. I try it again and the same thing it just hangs all the time.

It became worse about 2 weeks ago and nothing has been installed on either machine except for Windows Updates.

It is so bad I am using Firefox now as my default browser.

I tried the View all sites in compatability mode and it made no difference.

Not sure what's happening as it has been driving me crazy!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for Internet Explorer current version (IE7) related issues. Also here we don't support the Windows 7 Beta OS.

Try this forum instead:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Thank you for understanding.

Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003
    domingo, 15 de febrero de 2009 6:44
  • Reply to all.  If you have VISTA you can fix the problem.  It internet explorer 8.  and Windows vista SP2.
    to uninstall IE8 go to the control panel select programs and when it comes up select updates uninstall IE8 update.

When it reboots update IE 7 and set it up the way you want then update to IE8 it will then work correctly. 
    Otherwise it freezes windows VISTA.
    martes, 03 de noviembre de 2009 17:20
  • I've seen numerous discussions concerning this one and I have addressed it a few times. Bear in mind that this is just one solution to a problem that may have numerous causes, however if you've been dealing with this issue, then you'll know it's worth looking into.

Problem:
    If you have upgraded your browser from IE 6 to IE 7 -Or from IE 7 to IE 8, you should also be looking into the add-ons that you installed when you had the older versions of Internet Explorer.

The companies who created the add-ons doesn't always upgrade them when Microsoft releases its new version of IE. So there's always a chance of some add-ons to be incompatible with the new version of the Internet Explorer.

Solution:
    In the Internet Explorer: Go to Tools => Internet Options => Programs (Tab) and then click on 'Manage Add-ons'. From the list of add-ons, disable all add-ons except for those in the Microsoft Publisher list.

One example of a known problem with add-ons is Skype's add-on. If you have it , remove and get the latest from the Skype's web site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the problem still persists after doing this then here are some trouble-shooting steps you may try :

1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware infections. MSE is a good freeware AV from Microsoft.

2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or 8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to Default level

3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.

4. Run sfc /scannow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will replace corrupted system files if any.

5. In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons. The settings which are affected by this are mentioned here.

Cheers !

Rajiv Singh Suwal
    lunes, 16 de noviembre de 2009 4:58
  • I have searched the update files and do not find either of those mentioned.  Do you have or know the date they would have been updated?  I'm running Vista Home Premium with IE8.  I'm about to abandon IE8 for Firefox or someother browser.  MS has done it again.  Released a product that conflicts with other MS products.
    martes, 15 de diciembre de 2009 22:21
  • First off.  Which version so Vista do you have  Home premium SP1 or Home Premium SP2.

If SP2 did you install ie8 before sp2?
    if so do as my other post go to control panel click on programs,  click on the the updates, uninstall ie8.  update ie7 to lastest security fixes. uninstall all tool bars and browser helpers.  keep it plain and then reinstall ie8.  should fix the problem.
    viernes, 18 de diciembre de 2009 15:52
  • This WORKED for me!!  Thanks so much.  How can I keep it from installing 8 again when it does the updates when I'm not around?

And why doesn't Microsoft do an update that gets Vista off my computer and doesn't cost me $200.  They make me want to own MAC.

viernes, 19 de marzo de 2010 1:20
  • Simple.

Turn off automatic updates. Then it won't update.

Next got to windows update  Under download and install updates is  [# important updates are available]  the number symbol could be 1 to 15 or more, click on it, then find the IE8 update right click on it and select hide.

It should not bother you again until you need it or want it.

martes, 27 de abril de 2010 20:35