none
Cannot add search provider or other accelerators to IE9

Pregunta

• Hi, I have a fresh install of Win7x64 with IE9.  I am trying to add other search providers and accelerators to IE9.  When I go to the website www.ieaddons.com or www.iegallery.com basically click through to the page like the one here:

I click the orange 'Add to Internet Explorer' button and nothing happens. I know I should get a pop up window that allows me to actually add the add on, but nothing happens. This is with every add on I've tried on the website.  I've tried uninstalling IE9 and reverting back to IE8 but got the same result there as well.  I re-installed IE9 again and still the same.  I reset IE9 several times and that didn't work.  I also disabled all addons, nothing is working.  This is really frustrating... please can anyone help??

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 20:22

Respuestas

• I took the easy route to solve this.  Since it was a relatively new install I just wiped it clean and installed Win7 again.  I think the culprit was a combination of either my region settings (installing US region while in the UK) or McAfee.  Also, I had to enable and disable again compatibility view on IE9 a few times to get the add ins working, but I got them working in the end.  Thanks anyway for your reply.
    jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 23:34

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Which AV products have you installed and activated or uninstalled (some products leave some remnants around).

Also check that you are using the default security zone settings... Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default" and that none of the sites above are listed in your Restricted Sites zone.

If you have a search toolbar installed (Google, Yahoo) it may have a setting to prevent you from changing your default Search Provider.

Retry by using Tools>Manage Addons>Search Providers... add the bottom of the Manage addons dialog, you will find a link to Find more search providers

and an option to "Prevent other programs from suggesting changes to your default search provider"

If you are on a company network, contact your Help desk... they may have restrictions in place preventing you changing or adding search providers.

There are some known issues with the iegallery sites in europe and the iegallery sites are undergoing a revamp. but so far nothing has been reported for uk based users. Check that your Windows locale settings and your IE Language settings are set to en-uk.

Regards.

Rob^_^

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 21:20
  • I took the easy route to solve this.  Since it was a relatively new install I just wiped it clean and installed Win7 again.  I think the culprit was a combination of either my region settings (installing US region while in the UK) or McAfee.  Also, I had to enable and disable again compatibility view on IE9 a few times to get the add ins working, but I got them working in the end.  Thanks anyway for your reply.
    jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 23:34

Turning on compatibilty view fixed it for me as well. I doubt it has anything to do with region or Mcafee, just problems with the site itself.
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 1:03
  • Probably right, the site is a total mess.  They could organize it much better...
    viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 9:10
  • Hi, I have a fresh install of Win7x64 with IE9.  I am trying to add other search providers and accelerators to IE9.  When I go to the website www.ieaddons.com or www.iegallery.com...

Have you read this recent & related thread? => http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ieitprocurrentver/thread/8b17d49b-811c-4457-bbd3-7172b32242ca 

=========================================
    You will find Consumer-specific support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 22:20
  • Compatibility mode all the way.  Even on IE10.
    jueves, 08 de noviembre de 2012 6:37