none
How do I disable the Download Manager in IE 9?

답변

모든 응답

• No. There's no option to "disable" the IE9 download manager.

Regards,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums Italy
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    2011년 3월 22일 화요일 오전 6:27
  • I think it is really silly.

When I click a link to download a file, I don't want it going to a default directory.  I want the option to choose where I will save the file to. 

2011년 3월 22일 화요일 오후 10:34
  • When the download status bar appears on the bottom, select the arrow next to "Save" to select from the menu and choose "Save As" to save to a specific location.
    PRISMAY
    2011년 3월 23일 수요일 오후 11:47
  • Why is there no option to disable the download manager?  I have not ever enjoyed their use, and in my case it is interfering with other plugins needed for actual work, like remoting in to work via citrix.  If you give me no option to not use this, you may in fact be forcing me into using a competing browser.  I find it hard to believe, but have to ask if that was your intention?
    2011년 3월 24일 목요일 오전 1:24
  • Why is there no option to disable the download manager?  I have not ever enjoyed their use, and in my case it is interfering with other plugins needed for actual work, like remoting in to work via citrix.  If you give me no option to not use this, you may in fact be forcing me into using a competing browser.  I find it hard to believe, but have to ask if that was your intention?
    And since IE9 went final the Citrix plugin doesn't work anymore ...
    2011년 3월 25일 금요일 오후 1:10
  • Workaround for Citrix:

Right click on the link and select "Download as...". After downloading, you can double click on the .ica file and the application will be launched.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Nagendra Rao S.V 2011년 12월 14일 수요일 오전 6:32
    2011년 3월 26일 토요일 오전 7:48

I agree with this post. I have been using a 3rd party download manager for years & am very comfortable with it. The fact that you can't disable the IE9 download manager is stupidity in design. I am off to try Chrome and/or Firefox.
    2011년 4월 3일 일요일 오전 9:12
  • As far as i am concerned MS can take download manager and shove it.
    2011년 4월 10일 일요일 오전 10:12
  • Both Firefox and Chrome have similarly stupid download managers that cannot be disabled.

*sigh*

2011년 4월 10일 일요일 오후 2:00
  • Both Firefox and Chrome have similarly stupid download managers that cannot be disabled.

*sigh*

i believe in firefox it can be disabled even tho its not by a checkbox but a long and hidious list of steps to follow  (wich is still better then not at all tbh).

there should be a patch release that adds a list of checkboxes asap wich let you turn off download manager and loads of other useless plugins in IE9 like the rubbish that keeps popping telling me to speed up IE9 by disabling programs i have installed.....

disabling the accelerators and rubbish alike without having to dig deep into the registry would be nice also.

2011년 4월 10일 일요일 오후 6:16
  • I'm assuming that you're serious, and that my return to IE was a big mistake because I cannot download my credit vcard and banking info daily anymore.  OK, back to Firefox.
    2011년 4월 13일 수요일 오후 5:03
  • Neither keeps me from downloading bank data the way the new IE9 does.  (I don't want to save and import a file that was designed to automatically sync with Quicken and QuickBooks.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 gregritz53 2011년 5월 23일 월요일 오후 11:20
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 gregritz53 2011년 5월 23일 월요일 오후 11:20
    2011년 4월 13일 수요일 오후 5:04

*sigh*

Yeah, another "feature" for people who need everything spelled out for them to make their "experience" more enjoyable and "user friendly". Some of these "features" are just a pain in the butt.
    2011년 5월 4일 수요일 오전 1:36

I agree 1,000,000%

I do not like the extra step of confirming a file download myself; I prefer to just download the darn file... why do I need to confirm something I just asked for????

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011년 5월 7일 토요일 오후 9:37

I agree 1,000,000%

I do not like the extra step of confirming a file download myself; I prefer to just download the darn file... why do I need to confirm something I just asked for????

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's precisely for the reason that I have made bold that these measures have to be taken.  If you watch the download, you will also notice that it does a security scan on the download and should there be a problem, the download will be refused.

I would also suggest that because of your attitude, your pc is susceptible to becoming part of a botnet.

2011년 5월 15일 일요일 오후 3:05
  • All you have to do is click "Open" and the QFX file will import automatically - .QFX should be associated with Quicken. Even if Quicken is closed, it will open and import the file.

Gregory J. Ritz
    • 답변으로 제안됨 gregritz53 2011년 5월 23일 월요일 오후 11:22
    2011년 5월 23일 월요일 오후 11:22
  • This sucks.  Microsoft seem to be forgetting us Enterprise users!!!

2011년 6월 14일 화요일 오후 2:32
  • Chiming in here--hope MS listens. Generally, IE9 does seem to be an improvement (after I figured out where everything was hidden and turned things back on that the IE9 installation turned off...). 

The big problem I see is related to downloads as so many in this thread are also expressing.  I cannot find a way to have download files go directly to the last saved file location (instead of that useless download default folder) just by clicking the "save" button.  I know I can reset the default folder, but this is not helpful as I often download files to one location, then switch to another to download more files).  If there is a way to defeat the default "save" folder without using that pull-down to "save as..." I'm interested. If there is not, I hope MS creates a fix to overcome the annoying download procedure.

TDWolsey

2011년 6월 20일 월요일 오후 6:18
  • If IE9 crashes, the downloads in-progress are aborted and do not resume even if you restore that session.  I prefer Orbit downloader.  Not only is it much faster, but if the browser crashes the downloads continue merrily on their way to completion.  To learn that I cannot substitute Orbit for IE9's downloader is a deal-breaker.
    2011년 6월 27일 월요일 오전 5:12
  • I found a workable solution.  I installed Free Download Manager (FDM).  It integrates into IE9 and overrides the default downloader.  It has MANY options for customizing the download operation and overcomes most of the limitations of IE9's downloader.  The development group seems quite on top of any issues.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

• 답변으로 제안됨 William Ball 2011년 6월 27일 월요일 오후 4:49
    2011년 6월 27일 월요일 오후 4:49
  • Can't even download microsoft's own product with IE9 https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx says "download interrupted", resuming doesn't even resume, just restarts.  of course, downloading with IE8 works fine. The reason i have been using IE8 instead of firefox is for this reason, download managers do not work all the time and Microsoftshould know this.  Alot of software downloads and plugin's require a direct download. Trying to get Citrix working now is a huge mess, I've been trying to  reinstall IE8 on our new win 7 64 bit computers, but alas, not supported. Thanks Microsoft!

2011년 7월 6일 수요일 오후 7:43
  • Can't even download microsoft's own product with IE9 https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx says "download interrupted", resuming doesn't even resume, just restarts.  of course, downloading with IE8 works fine. The reason i have been using IE8 instead of firefox is for this reason, download managers do not work all the time and Microsoftshould know this.  Alot of software downloads and plugin's require a direct download. Trying to get Citrix working now is a huge mess, I've been trying to  reinstall IE8 on our new win 7 64 bit computers, but alas, not supported. Thanks Microsoft!

To get Citrix 'working' again you can try to install an older version of the Citrix client.
    2011년 7월 6일 수요일 오후 11:22
  • Edit : nevermind the citrix issue as this thread provides a workaround: http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=283995

Windows shows i have 3 versions of the Citrix ICA web client installed. I have Citrix Online Plugin v12.1.0.30 , the other two say "minimal installations" since when clicking on published applications IE9 asks "Do you want to open or save launch.ica (954 bytes) from WEBHOST? Clicking open puts it in the download manager where it just sits. Clicking save, does exactly the same. Looking in the download folders shows I have "launch.ica.z48cmyb.partial" type shows "partial download" 1KB.   Any ideas?

As more people in my oganization switch to IE9 on their home PCs , the bigger this problem is getting for me.

• 편집됨 unspecial Effect 2011년 7월 8일 금요일 오후 8:26 found answer
    2011년 7월 8일 금요일 오후 8:14
  • Search for this client on the Citrix website: Citrix_XenApp-Web-Plugin_11.0.150.5357

Not sure if this is a bug in the Citrix client or in Internet Explorer though ...

2011년 7월 9일 토요일 오전 2:51
  • Interesting google. 

I've never EVER used a download manager.

Hated download managers on everything.

I've always hated the damn Adobe download manager.

IE9 is great but with the damn download manager I stayed with IE8.

Download managers also sucks with REAL players ... instant click video downloads on most sites.

Microsoft has been emulating DUMMIES FOR DUMMIES for the longest time now (gone are the 95c and XP days!).

Download managers = built for the DUMMIES.

Windows 7 isn't much better than VISTA either.  More dumb down OS's:(

Anyways if there's a patch to "KILL" the downloader manager's for IE and Adobe a heads up would be appreciated @ ct1592@
    live.com.

2011년 7월 22일 금요일 오전 6:33
  • I would assume that he is like me.

Hobbyist, whom like 100% control.

We format our hard drives 2-6 times per year (external Drives, USB sticks, SAN :).

Botnet only happpens to "DUMMIES" -> read my post above :) (Hijack this is FREE)

If I want my downloads scan - that feature too should be configurable ( just turn on your antivirus program - err duh?)

Oh sure we also run 10 000 net security and antivirus applications that are only turned on "WHEN" we want them on too.

A message for Microsoft on download managerS...OPTIONS to disable them!

BTW there are NO tool bars running on my PC either - besides google.

(HARD CORE MMO GAMER = everything OFF!)

2011년 7월 22일 금요일 오전 6:48
  • ... and to think ALL of us have yet to mention the "goddd dddamn" spams now with IE9 where the "HIDEOUS" download manager usually sits! :))))))

2011년 7월 22일 금요일 오전 6:56
  • move over to linux and use wget?

2011년 7월 23일 토요일 오전 4:10
  • Found the solution:

Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features

Select "View Installed Updates" in left panel

Highlight Internet Explorer 9 in the right panel

Click on "Uninstall"

Reboot when prompted

Welcome back IE8!

2011년 8월 26일 금요일 오후 2:32
  • Totally agree. IE9 download manager completely sucks. I liked the previous versions way better. I hate how i have to see this stupid popup bar tell my download is complete. I don't care about seeing it download, but I don't want to be bothered by aslking me if I want to run the program. WHAT HAPPENED TO CLOSE UPON COMPLETE! 

2011년 10월 8일 토요일 오전 2:46
  •    Agreed , I will be using a different browser from now on due to this download manager as well. I am not interested in having the additional click bar on the bottum of my screen , I am not interested in having the additional pop up and I am not interested in it maintaining a list of files I have recently downloaded.

Whoever actually approved the concept of not being able to disable these "features" should really just go be a fry cook.

2011년 11월 3일 목요일 오후 4:08
  • I am having a problem with IE9 and the download manager.  Perhaps you know how to work around this problem.  I have a corporate intranet site setup, using hyperlinks to files in a shared folder on my 2003 exchange server.  When the hyperlink that opens the "database.mdb" is clicked on my basic intranet site, I get a message from the download manager of IE9 stating that "Database.mdb coudln't be downloaded"  and I have the options "Retry" "Cancel" and "View downloads".  and I can hit the "X" to close the window and do nothing.  I have users that are clicking cancel, which then deletes the file from my shared resource location.  How can i fix this without changing permissions?
    2011년 11월 3일 목요일 오후 6:12
  • Hi,

I would suggest you to check the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

How to fix the Internet Download Manager and Internet Explorer 9 incompatibility:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2561716

Hope the information is helpful.

• 편집됨 Somashekhar V 2011년 11월 23일 수요일 오후 12:35
    2011년 11월 23일 수요일 오후 12:34
  • Do a search and go get the free Orbit downloader. I've been using it for years. You can capture and save almost all media that plays in your browser to disk - without waiting. I've sucked down 20 or more videos at least an hour long each from a training website in less than 10 minutes. Then packed up and watched them on a flight.

The most extreme test I've thrown at it was importing a text file of several thousand URL's, maxing out the settings for number of jobs, threads per job, and connections to the server. I turned off bandwidth throttling and Orbit consumed every "bit" of my 40 Mbps DSL.

It ran non-stop for at least a day and a half and almost filled a 500GB drive. Only a couple files failed out due to bad addresses but for every file it added another detailed entry into its history log.

You should all give it a whirl just to see how the world can be. HTTP based siphoning of files that kicks the crap out of every FTP utility I possess except maybe FTP Voyager when using it against my own server that's running RhinoSoft's server as well.

If Orbit doesn't float your boat then shout at me and I might post my IE download manager by-pass add-on. It slides right past the garbage by some of the using accessibility features. Or take the hint and rip the lid off IE's developer tools candy jar. Just tap F12 and you're on your way.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Mr. Thin 2011년 11월 28일 월요일 오전 8:41
    2011년 11월 28일 월요일 오전 8:40
  • If Orbit doesn't float your boat then shout at me and I might post my IE download manager by-pass add-on. It slides right past the garbage by some of the using accessibility features. Or take the hint and rip the lid off IE's developer tools candy jar. Just tap F12 and you're on your way.

Would you be so kind and pass the by-pass add-on on to me? I would be forever grateful. I make for a terrible Developer. EDIT: I only need it for local intranet.
    • 편집됨 Nick C_ 2011년 12월 13일 화요일 오후 7:59 update
    2011년 12월 13일 화요일 오후 7:09
  • It doesnt show error when downloading the citrix plugin extensions and just keep the download in partial state. There is no harm in allowing a disabling Download manager option when it cannot work as desired. Looks like microsoft wants to enforce people using their addons and extensions alone.

Regards, Nagendra
    2011년 12월 14일 수요일 오전 6:35
  • I honestly did not read every thread in this post but the solution for this was posted by Citrix.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX129082

2012년 1월 26일 목요일 오후 8:16
  • not in IE menu,

in FDM select options> settings> downloads> monitoring>

uncheck "internet explorer 4x-7x"

it's OK,you can download directly from IE.

• 답변으로 제안됨 ahmetku 2012년 2월 21일 화요일 오전 6:35
    2012년 2월 20일 월요일 오전 9:50
  • Firefox version 10:

Select "Options" from the Orange (or Purple) Firefox dropdown box (upper left corner)

On the "General Tab" there is a "Downloads" section - select the "Always ask me where to save files" option button, then click "OK"

Hope this helps!

rogyaeger

2012년 3월 6일 화요일 오후 4:04
  • If I wanted a "Download Manager" I would have asked for it.

Microsoft is going out of its way to create the most unusable user interface of any operating system.

Someone at Microsoft needs to wake up.

If we don't want a new feature - we don't want it.

2012년 5월 3일 목요일 오후 12:27
  • I use Getright and have done for years, all of a sudden, today in fact, Getright will no longer take over my downloads all I get is yet another yellow bar at the bottom of the screen asking me if i want to save or open the file. I don't want to do iether, what I want to do is use Getright.

Blackbutt3

And why would I want to do this. Example 62MB download, IRE9 Downloader 1HR 25Mins. GETRIGHT 12Mins.
    • 편집됨 Blackbutt3 2012년 6월 1일 금요일 오전 10:37
    2012년 5월 28일 월요일 오전 9:06
  • If It cannot be disabled, can it be tweaked in some way so as to not interupt Secure Downloads from sites like Sallie MAE?  Or have you decided you want us to use other browsers to do all our secure business dealings?

With Respect... and disappointment,

Patrick Burns

2012년 6월 6일 수요일 오전 5:16
  • I use FDM (Free Download Manager).  The drop box method works with any browser and is a feature of the latest FDM, (version 3.9, for instance).  Just drag a link to the drop box.

In addition, FDM 3.9 will integrate with Firefox 11.  I can't get it to integrate with IE9, but I can still use the drop box.

There is a very good reason to use FDM.  It will download a file perfectly no matter how large.  Files larger than a few hundred megabytes will almost always be corrupted when I use IE9's download manager.  FDM downloads are always perfect.

Also an FDM download will always complete no matter what.  It will survive crashes, power failures, disconnects, etc.  When back on-line, the download will continue.

2012년 6월 17일 일요일 오후 10:37
  • Why did Microsoft decide to integrate a download manager into the browser in the first place?  The biggest problem I have is how slow it is... I have my own download manager, and it downloads almost ten times faster than IE9's.  Every time I attempt to download something with IDM, IE9's pops up and won't let me use it.  I'm able to assign hotkeys sometimes and override IE9's, but other times it's impossible.  To not be able to disable it is ridiculous.  I still can't understand why Microsoft decided to add it into the browser, not to mention make it mandatory; it's useless and it's intrusive.

• 편집됨 ratman57 2012년 7월 29일 일요일 오후 11:16
    2012년 7월 29일 일요일 오후 11:15
  • Why did Microsoft decide to integrate a download manager into the browser in the first place?  The biggest problem I have is how slow it is... I have my own download manager, and it downloads almost ten times faster than IE9's.  Every time I attempt to download something with IDM, IE9's pops up and won't let me use it.  I'm able to assign hotkeys sometimes and override IE9's, but other times it's impossible.  To not be able to disable it is ridiculous.  I still can't understand why Microsoft decided to add it into the browser, not to mention make it mandatory; it's useless and it's intrusive.

Hi Ratman,

Read my post of the 28th May re the speed of downloads between the IE9 Download Manager and Getright. But don't expect an answer. Just hope that IE10 gets rid of the problem. But then we'll have more problems with MS's take over the world policy.

Blackbutt3

2012년 7월 30일 월요일 오전 2:15
  • Thanks. It took me 90 years to finally get this through my head and I hope it sticks. I miss the old method but this is a lot better than nothing ...
    2012년 7월 31일 화요일 오후 5:43
  • i would like to download other programs but this internet download manager keeps coming up to stop the program
    2012년 10월 16일 화요일 오후 8:29
  • What an arrogant reply.  I am now using Windows 8 and am looking for so many work around solutions to bypass the horrible interfaces that Microsoft has thrown at me - finally found Classic Shell and hopefully that will help with the IE download manager also. 

But I finally realized - I'm tired of all this and why bother?  I and my wife have an iPhone, my daughter is going to get an iPhone within the year.  I have an iPad and we all use iTunes.  My wife is due for a laptop next and I am going to do my best to talk her and then my daughter into switching to Macs.   I have two Windows 7 RAID 5 storage servers.  I guess I can convert them to FreeNAS. 

TexasJ

2013년 2월 25일 월요일 오전 4:19
  • what is it with you idiots to always post anything twice? AND YOU WORK FOR MICROSOFT? AND BLODDY 4 YEARS LATER YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THAT INCREDIBLY STUPID DOWNLOADER?

I've been trying to re-install Java now for an hour. I am a bleepin user, not a bleepin software engineer, it's bas enough I have to work with this windows garbage, it's an insult how it refuses to install java because that idiotic downloader does not want that. No explanation offered either.

Somebody should shove the whole win7 up your backside for posting an inane answer such as "you paid for our software but we decide how you run it".

you are an embarrassment to the human race.

2014년 3월 14일 금요일 오전 8:57
  • This should give you the choice to choose where to save at....

1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
    2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    3.Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
    4.To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
    5.Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

2014년 3월 25일 화요일 오전 12:11