none
Internet Explorer language requirement for Hyperion (Oracle)

질문

• Hi everyone,

Our Hyperion installation is being upgraded. A requirement of the new system, is that the language in Internet Explorer be set to English (US) / EN-US.

We're in Australia, so there are some impacts to us for this. The first one I've noticed, is that when we set the Language in IE to EN-US, other web applications that have date fields, fail the data entry validation because the date format needs to be in US format (MM/DD/YYYY.) Australia uses (DD/MM/YYYY.)

I was wary of making EN-US the default for this reason.

I found some information on IE, that states IE can automatically detect the language and switch accordingly, but I'm not sure how well this will work (if at all.) Also, the information is meant for consumers, not IT Pro's, so there wasn't any information on using Group Policy to set this.

The ideal scenario, would be to set a rule for the specific URL to use EN-US and use EN-AU for all other sites. I'm not sure how feasible this is.

The servers are all internal, so I don't know that we could set this through the proxy server, as it would bypass it.

So to clarify, the first hurdle is to identify how to make the URL use EN-US, and use EN-AU as the default for all others.

The second hurdle, is to identify how to centrally manage / deploy this setting to the users (with minimal admin overhead and impact.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This version of Hyperion needs us to use IE 8, so this may open some doors.

Ian

2012년 6월 15일 금요일 오후 4:31

답변