none
IE cannot access Hotmail

질문

• On one workstation, IE cannot access Hotmail or Livemail or whatever is its current designation.  So I downloaded Firefox which can access the site.  Any ideas?

God Bless, Mark A. Sam The Bible promises there will be NO computers in Heaven: Revelation 21:4
    2012년 1월 13일 금요일 오후 8:45

답변

• Shantanu,

I don't know what it means to rest IE settings, but I tried deleting the cookings and temp files, which didn't work, but upgrading to IE9 did, except to access hotmail the link needs to be clicked from the MSN homepage.  Hotmail cannot be accessed by typing in the address, www.hotmail.com.  It is strange that now msn comes up as the default homepage, because in SBS 2011 preference, I added Hotmail as the default homepage, except for myself.  Now it comes up for me but apparently for noone else.  I did that only because the default someone without human intervention got changed to companyweb.  Is this confusing?  Is sure is to me.  I think the answer to most problems with MS products is the programmers.  Microsoft needs to send them all into some type of drug rehab.  The myriad of goofy things happening is no longer excusable.  These junkies need help and Microsoft has an obligation to addess the issue since they are using on company time.  If the DEA ever raids Microsoft, it will be largest drug bust in history.

God Bless, Mark A. Sam The Bible promises there will be NO computers in Heaven: Revelation 21:4
    • 답변으로 표시됨 MarkASam 2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 3:30
    2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 3:30

모든 응답

• Hi

Which IE version you are having?

Seems like Cookie's issue

Reste IE Settings and try again.

Shantanu.

2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 2:37
  • Shantanu,

I don't know what it means to rest IE settings, but I tried deleting the cookings and temp files, which didn't work, but upgrading to IE9 did, except to access hotmail the link needs to be clicked from the MSN homepage.  Hotmail cannot be accessed by typing in the address, www.hotmail.com.  It is strange that now msn comes up as the default homepage, because in SBS 2011 preference, I added Hotmail as the default homepage, except for myself.  Now it comes up for me but apparently for noone else.  I did that only because the default someone without human intervention got changed to companyweb.  Is this confusing?  Is sure is to me.  I think the answer to most problems with MS products is the programmers.  Microsoft needs to send them all into some type of drug rehab.  The myriad of goofy things happening is no longer excusable.  These junkies need help and Microsoft has an obligation to addess the issue since they are using on company time.  If the DEA ever raids Microsoft, it will be largest drug bust in history.

• 답변으로 표시됨 MarkASam 2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 3:30
    2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 3:30
  • Yes microsoft created the confusion,

They came out with windows live essentials 2011 that has live mail as a program that takes outlook expresses place as a default email client some call it walmart mail :)

ie9 assumes the association to live mail not live hotmail an online only email server,

So yes using your my msn or msn home pages is the straightest forward way to access live hotmail.

2012년 1월 16일 월요일 오전 4:53
  • You know what, you are onto something -- on multiple levels.

My mum could not access hotmail in the UK but everything else on the internet works fine that we tried (google, yahoo or any other page).  We even failed attempting to access "live" and quite often got issues with "msn".  It seems like anything to do with Microsoft domains was an issue.

I tried all of these from the US and had no issues whatsoever.  So I went back to my mum's PC and eventually got into "msn.co.uk" and from there I was able to access hotmail, just as you said.  But if I try and go directly I get an error.  It's very frustrating.

Is this an issue at Microsoft, or her PC or the ISP in-between that's causing the issue?  It's hard to tell, but we've had enough issues with hotmail/live to begin to think that Microsoft aren't blameless in this.  Can we all chip in for the rehab solution?

2012년 1월 17일 화요일 오후 7:28