I have a problem with Internet Explorer not autodiscovering my proxy settings.
I only use DNS to discover (tried DHCP, but doesn't work either). It does work when I put the URL (http://wpad/wpad.dat) directly in the automatic configuration script.
Also, firefox does the job well! Here auto discovering is working.
What could be wrong?
- Изменено Geoffrey_BE 14 июня 2012 г. 8:12
According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot theissue:
1 Reset the Internet Explorer 8 settings to check the result.
2 If the issue persists, you could try to change the following Group Policy settings to see how it works:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Make proxy settings per-machine (rather than per-user) = Enabled
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Disable caching of Auto-Proxy scripts = Enabled
Meanwhile, I would like to share the following with you for your reference:
TechNet Community Support
- Изменено Leo HuangMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator 15 июня 2012 г. 6:13
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, none of the suggestions worked...
But I must say it's only Internet Explorer 9 having trouble! I have tested it with Internet Explorer 8, and this version works.
It's very strange! But as all other browsers work, I assume my configuration is ok.