none
BizTalk 2010 - unable to Add protocol settings

Domanda

• Hello,

my question is about the Biztalk 2010 Standard. We're just trying to implement the EDIFACT based data exchange solution. We will have a lot of partners (every with their own private input/out ports), thus we decided to use the "Parties" feature. But I'm stuck in the beginning, I created few Parties with Business profiles, but I cannot add the protocol settings. The "Add protocol settings" button is disabled. Please, could somebody help me with this? I cannot find anything about this problem online.

Thank you.

Regards,

Karel Nový

giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 09:49

Risposte

• Do you have the EDI capabilities installed? Is there an application called "BizTalk EDI Application" in your BizTalk Group?

Morten la Cour

• Contrassegnato come risposta wraith4 giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:32
    giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:14

Tutte le risposte

• All protocol settings happens in agreements now.

Right-click a profile and choose New-Agreement.

In the agreement you will need to specify both the second party (usually you!) and the protocol (X12,EDIFACT,AS2)

After you have chosen these two options, two new tabs will appear (party1->party2 and party2->party1) under these tabs you will be able to specify all the EDI specific parameters for the agreements and add send port(s).

Morten la Cour

giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 10:20
  • Thank you la Cour :) ... but I belive, there is something else wrong with my BizTalk, because I cannot create any Agreement at all

• Modificato wraith4 giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 10:50
    giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 10:50
  • Did you right-click the Profile not the party?

Morten la Cour

giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 10:56
  • I did click the Party. When I click the Profile, it looks like this:

giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:12
  • Do you have the EDI capabilities installed? Is there an application called "BizTalk EDI Application" in your BizTalk Group?

Morten la Cour

• Contrassegnato come risposta wraith4 giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:32
    giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:14
  • Well, that would be it! I haven't noticed this requirement in the manual I used. I'll make a request for the installation. Thank you a lot!
    giovedì 8 dicembre 2011 11:29
  • Hi,

Facing same issue..!

but i have BizTalk EDI application in biztalk group.

Any help on this

Thanks

venerdì 21 marzo 2014 06:44