none
Problem with sharing free/busy across two orgs

Domanda

• Hello,

for our migration I want to allow share free/busy. There are two forrests (with a trust), lets call them local.old and local.new

Mailboxes in "local.old" have these E-Mail-Addresses
    - firstname.lastname@domain.de
    - vorname.nachname@local.old

Mailuser in "local.neu" have these E-Mail-Addresses
    - firstname.lastname@domain.de
    - firstname.lastname@local.new
    - firstname.lastname@local.old (as "external addresse")

On the Exchange in local.new I've used Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace to add local.old. On the Exchange in local.old I exported the autodiscover config with Export-AutoDiscoverConfig to exchange.local.new.

Exchange 2010 seems to use this configuration, but not correctly, because I get this two eventlog entries:
    Process w3wp.exe () (PID=****). Exchange Active Directory Provider could not find an available domain controller in domain DC=local,DC=old. This event may be caused by network connectivity issues or configured incorrectly DNS server. This event may also occur if you have not configured correctly your multiple Active Directory sites.

(Can not find correct english version of this message, it's translated)
    Process ****: Can not establish a  Active Directory connection in the remote forest local.old. Please verify the attribut 'ServiceBinding' of the Service-Connection-Point-Object CN=local.old,CN=Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=local,DC=new in  Active Directory is configured correctly. Connection error Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException: Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=local,DC=old.
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DSAccessTopologyProvider.GetServerFromDomainDN(String distinguishedName, NetworkCredential credential)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SystemConfiguration.ADSystemConfigurationSession.CreateRemoteForestSession(String fqdn, NetworkCredential credential)
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.ScpSearch.<>c__DisplayClass6.b__1()
    bei Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.ScpSearch.PerformRetryableAdOperation(String operationDescription, RetryableAdOperation operation)

The DCs are working proer. I used dcdiag on the 2010 Exchange to check a DC of local.old and the result is OK

I hope someone has a good idea - i haven't

Kind regards,
    Dennis

• Modificato FunnyDingo martedì 27 marzo 2012 09:22
    martedì 27 marzo 2012 09:20

Risposte

• Hi,

Please verify the configuration against the following steps:

1.Add SMTP domain to the Availability Address Space list

Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace -ForestName e2k7forest.dk -AccessMethod PerUserFB -UseServiceAccount $true

2.Set Required Permissions in Exchange Forest 2 (Exchange 2007)

Get-ClientAccessServer| Add-AdPermission -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights
    "ms-exch-epi-token-serialization" -User "e2k10forest.dk\ExchangeServers"

3.Configuring Autodiscover support for Exchange forest 2 in Exchange Forest 1

4. Create autodiscover DNS record in 2007 forest

You can refer to the article below to get more detail information:

Deep dive into rich coexistence between Exchange Forests (Part 8)

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/deep-dive-into-rich-coexistence-between-exchange-forests-part8.html

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Contrassegnato come risposta Xiu Zhang - MSFT lunedì 2 aprile 2012 06:27
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato FunnyDingo lunedì 2 aprile 2012 12:39
    • Contrassegnato come risposta FunnyDingo lunedì 2 luglio 2012 08:43
    mercoledì 28 marzo 2012 07:54

Tutte le risposte

• Are these two forests are Exchange 2010 Sp1 ?

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you

martedì 27 marzo 2012 15:18
  • Oh sorry. Missed this important information.

No. local.old ist 2007 Sp 3 and local.new is 2010 Sp 1

martedì 27 marzo 2012 16:44
  • Hi,

Please verify the configuration against the following steps:

1.Add SMTP domain to the Availability Address Space list

Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace -ForestName e2k7forest.dk -AccessMethod PerUserFB -UseServiceAccount $true

2.Set Required Permissions in Exchange Forest 2 (Exchange 2007)

Get-ClientAccessServer| Add-AdPermission -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights
    "ms-exch-epi-token-serialization" -User "e2k10forest.dk\ExchangeServers"

3.Configuring Autodiscover support for Exchange forest 2 in Exchange Forest 1

4. Create autodiscover DNS record in 2007 forest

You can refer to the article below to get more detail information:

Deep dive into rich coexistence between Exchange Forests (Part 8)

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/deep-dive-into-rich-coexistence-between-exchange-forests-part8.html

Xiu Zhang

• Contrassegno come risposta annullato FunnyDingo lunedì 2 aprile 2012 12:39
    • Contrassegnato come risposta FunnyDingo lunedì 2 luglio 2012 08:43
    mercoledì 28 marzo 2012 07:54
  • I think this link is pretty suitable for you as well

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/03/04/3412075.aspx

Verify your configuration accordingly to this post

Jonas Andersson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog | Follow me on twitter: jonand82

• Contrassegno come risposta annullato FunnyDingo giovedì 5 aprile 2012 11:49
    mercoledì 28 marzo 2012 11:14
  • Sorry, but didn't helped for me. I can't access the calendar of a person in the E2K7 forest. Outlook 2010 shows a message "could not refresh" and I can't see any error in the E2K10 eventlog.

Any idea?

lunedì 2 aprile 2012 08:09
  • Hi,

Can you finish the configuration of calendar sharing between these two forest?

Xiu Zhang

mercoledì 4 aprile 2012 03:10
  • No, same state... Outlook says that the calendar can't be updated but I don't get any error on the E2K7 or E2K10.

I'll leave the office for vacation, but will trigger this topic as soon as possible :) In the time between: all ideas are welcome :)

giovedì 5 aprile 2012 12:06
  • OK, I've reviewed my configuration and used Test-OutlookWebServices to test my configuration. But I get an error for AS:

ErrorProxyRequestProcessingFailed: Unable to send cross-forest request for mailbox <***>SMTP:***.***@local.old because of invalid configuration., inner exception: AvailabilityAddressSpace 'local.old' couldn't be used because the Autodiscover endpoint couldn't be discovered.

I've used Export-AutoDiscoverConfig to export the SCP from local.old to local.new (for local.old and domain.tld). Is the SCP stored in the correct location? The DNs are:

CN=local.old,CN=Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=local,DC=new
    CN=domain.tld,CN=Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=local,DC=new

Every other test of Test-OutlookWebServices is successful, only this one failes.

I've no idea what happens...

venerdì 1 giugno 2012 12:30
  • This works - after replacing the self-signed certificate on the E2K7 with one singed by an internal CA. Now I've a new problem, but I'll open a new question for it. Thanks for all :)
    lunedì 2 luglio 2012 08:45