none
IP 2010 form to sp2010 form lib people picker stores as integer

Domanda

• Just noticed an interesting phenominon that when creating an InfoPath 2010 SharePoint List form, and including a peoplepicker, it works just fine, but if instead open the SharePoint Form library template, people picker seems to save as column, but saves as an integer, not person/group, with no readily apparant means to convert.

In the recent past I couldn't get an infopath people picker to save as sharepoint person/group, so I used a hidden text block to recieve the data of the people picker, then used workflow on load to move it from text block to person/group in SharePoint. I'd use same approach now but haven't been given green light to use SPD in the security context yet.

I *love* infopath, and sharepoint, but now I'm loving to hate it! Does anybody know  way around this?

/Robin

Robin

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 20:35

Risposte

•  I found the answer to my delima and it's a process:

1. Create a list content type that has all the lookup columns to be used as cascading dropdowns.

2. Create a new list that uses this content type.

3. NOW create the InfoPath SharePoint List style form. All the links to people/group columns, and lookup columns will appear in the form. The only think I had to do was modify the secondary data connections to add additional columns used for filtering beyond the default id and title.

The only drawback to this is that lookup lists with multiple values can't be "indexed" and therefore can't be used to groupby in list views. Aside from that rather notable exception, this works pretty well for cascading dropdowns.

Cheers

/Robin

Robin

• Contrassegnato come risposta Robin4 giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:19
    giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:19

Tutte le risposte

• This is starting to get seriously annoying!

Property Promotion control is signifigantly absent in InfoPath "list" form.

Which puts a rather gaping hole in the workaround I was attempting... I need to be able to both setup secondary data source, and have it fill in (which is working) I also need to have the filled in data show up in the Sharepoint list column (which sadly is not working). What I get instead is the id value for the selection!

Sigh, back to drawing board I guess.

/Robin

Robin

venerdì 2 marzo 2012 21:17
  • Hi ,

Form your description ,I understand these things:

1. You add a data connection in the form to receive data .
    2. Set the people picker to get the value from one of the fields in the data connection .
    3. The people picker doesn’t save the user name but saved as a number .

If I misunderstand anything ,please feel free to point it out .Which field does the people picker  get the value from ?Is it a lookup column ?If it is a lookup column ,the people picker will be saved as an ID .You can add another data connection to the original list to get the people
    name using the ID as a filter .

When publish the form ,you should add the people picker as columns in SharePoint and outlook .Set to create a new column in the library .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Contrassegnato come risposta Robin4 giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:10
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato Robin4 giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:10
    lunedì 5 marzo 2012 09:16
    Moderatore
  •  I found the answer to my delima and it's a process:

1. Create a list content type that has all the lookup columns to be used as cascading dropdowns.

2. Create a new list that uses this content type.

3. NOW create the InfoPath SharePoint List style form. All the links to people/group columns, and lookup columns will appear in the form. The only think I had to do was modify the secondary data connections to add additional columns used for filtering beyond the default id and title.

The only drawback to this is that lookup lists with multiple values can't be "indexed" and therefore can't be used to groupby in list views. Aside from that rather notable exception, this works pretty well for cascading dropdowns.

Cheers

/Robin

Robin

• Contrassegnato come risposta Robin4 giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:19
    giovedì 8 marzo 2012 17:19