giovedì 10 febbraio 2011 01:26
Hello. I have an HP Pavilion 6815 series with Vista Ultimate loaded, and norton internet security 2010.
Before my issue occurred:
1. Yesterday I Loaded and ran the free Wise Registry Cleaner from Download.com
2. 4 days ago Norton Internet Security found and removed two Trojan viruses, both called ‘vload.class’ No issues after deleted, just thought I’d note that.
Now the Vista Ultimate machine:
1. Starts up very very slow. It now takes 10-15 minutes to start
2. When started, gives the error message:
"Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."
I have tried:
1. System restore to several points – no success
2. Wise Registry Cleaner RESTORE to undo registry file fix. I tried 4 times – no success at fixing the issue. I still get the error message
3. Start > cmd > ctrl+shift+enter > (no elevation shows) so I couldn’t type netsh winsock reset
4. I ran Norton full scans
5. Ran Malwarebytes scan
6. Used the windows vista ultimate disk to try a ‘startup repair’
Have a system Event Log but can't upload it on this forum. Still, does anyone have a fix?
Tutte le risposte
domenica 13 febbraio 2011 23:40
You can research the System Event errors by clicking them then clicking "Event Log Online Help" Although there is not always an answer. You can copy and paste them here and if your log is huge just copy and paste the errors.
Some people will argue this point but Registry Cleaners are "Garbage" Many years ago I bought a registry cleaner and it removed many registry entries I never asked it to and would not restore them. As compensation the company offered me their newest version for free. I declined the offer chalked it up to experience, threw the CD in the Garbage, reinstalled my OS and I started using the free service from Microsoft. http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm to clean my registry and in 4 years never had a problem.
Try uninstalling Norton first. Some virus programs have been known to cause this error. Then reinstall it but restart before you install it to see if the error is still there.
- Contrassegnato come risposta Magon LiuModerator lunedì 21 febbraio 2011 03:41
giovedì 19 luglio 2012 15:07
This may or may not help - as it is intended for Windows Server but is essentially the same process. Let us know if the below works OK?
- Proposto come risposta A. TheOne giovedì 19 luglio 2012 15:07