Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtro e ordinamentoUsa queste opzioni per ridurre l'elenco delle discussioni.
- 3131brgnewman mercoledì 8 maggio 2013 18:41
- 20168Kalman TothMicrosoft Community Contributorvenerdì 17 maggio 2013 10:31
- 351Ganapathi Varma CH 8 ore 38 minuti fa
- 159Kevin Lan 15 ore 22 minuti fa
- 598kungpow112 sabato 18 maggio 2013 09:39
- 271sourises sabato 18 maggio 2013 10:55
- 279PaulAnthonySamson venerdì 17 maggio 2013 23:14
- 384Ravuri777 sabato 18 maggio 2013 09:38
- 4108Tom Molskow venerdì 17 maggio 2013 02:24
- 11234Ola Hallengren mercoledì 8 maggio 2013 17:39
- 12117Dhow venerdì 17 maggio 2013 13:38
- 1138MSSQLBIDWH venerdì 17 maggio 2013 14:01
- 2105Phemo01 giovedì 16 maggio 2013 05:49
- 5147skan2dan mercoledì 15 maggio 2013 15:41
- 286DBA_LEARNER venerdì 17 maggio 2013 21:56
- 168w_bentley venerdì 17 maggio 2013 15:47
- 7165CameronMc85 venerdì 17 maggio 2013 14:52
Random Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.Gus Jones mercoledì 15 maggio 2013 20:15
- 9151Vithor da Silva e Silva martedì 14 maggio 2013 14:23
- 14165Ishfaq Ahmed mercoledì 15 maggio 2013 15:53