Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtro e ordinamentoUsa queste opzioni per ridurre l'elenco delle discussioni.
- 119swt1974 2 ore 9 minuti fa
- 08dragonMoon 32 minuti fa
- 32519xs2varun martedì 4 ottobre 2011 02:18
- 892jdyoumans giovedì 23 maggio 2013 16:17
- 339SLNSH 5 ore 52 minuti fa
- 228BKR1 2 ore 15 minuti fa
- 251265AleshaDBA mercoledì 22 agosto 2012 08:41
- 856pscorca 9 ore 9 minuti fa
- 348sakurai_db 15 ore 33 minuti fa
- 239shiftbit 5 ore 1 minuti fa
- 442Walt Reed 6 ore 32 minuti fa
- 248kalimidi 11 ore 9 minuti fa
- 767SLNSH 8 ore 54 minuti fa
- 1594ShivaniGoyal 14 ore 22 minuti fa
- 663SPFriend 20 ore 15 minuti fa
- 1295unini giovedì 23 maggio 2013 09:13
- 859SQL24 10 ore 23 minuti fa
Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.mito access giovedì 23 maggio 2013 06:09
- 879Naveen550 12 ore 48 minuti fa
- 478SLNSH giovedì 23 maggio 2013 14:58