none
How to make safe sender list mirror for a particular mailbox on 4 different PCs?

質問

• I have a user that has 4 different PCs, Outlook 2010 on Exchange 2010 SP1. I imported an extended safe sender list - approx 150 domains and hundreds of email addresses.

On the other PCs, the domains propagated, but not the email addresses? How can I config the system such that if I enter a safe sender on on PC/Outlook profile that it replicates to the others?

Must this be done with Group Policy? Or is there something I am missing with the domains replicating but not the email addresses.

For the record, I added an email address in OWA and it replicated to all systems OK.

2011年10月16日 0:54

回答

• The issue turned out to be that we needed to increase the size of the safe sender list due to the extensive size. This is detailed extensively for Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 - it amounts to a registry edit. This WILL NOT WORK for Exchange 2010.

To increase the size of the safe sender list in Exchange 2010 (or blocked sender list) you need to run a cmdlet from the Exchange Management Shell.

The default is 512KB. We bumped it to 1024, and it choked but a little further on the list. I then bumped it to 2048. Still choking.

In order for it to completely accommodate my list, which was at 219 domains and 2100 email addresses, the file size needed to be somewhere between the last bump 4096 and 2048KB.

And to describe the choking, after importing the list in the Outlook client, I was trying to add additional domains or addresses in OWA. I would add, then hit 'save' button. An error would pop up referring to someone in the list. I initially thought maybe it was a malformed email address. It was just the system's way of telling me it couldn't take any more.

Incidentally, there was no error in the Outlook 2010 client complaining that it couldn't take more entries.

• 回答としてマーク Frank.Wang 2011年10月25日 2:35
    2011年10月25日 2:32

すべての返信

• You can this article to propagate that list using group policy. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2252421. But make sure the group Policy applies to the user you intended to apply by moving it to particular OU.

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | MCSA:Messaging | Security | MCSE:Messaging | Security
    2011年10月16日 9:51
  • On the other PCs, the domains propagated, but not the email addresses? How can I config the system such that if I enter a safe sender on on PC/Outlook profile that it replicates to the others?

Hi ramasan,

Both domains and addresses should be propagated by default. Please make sure you haven't apply any group policy yet.

After you import the safe sender list in one client, can you see both domains and addresses in OWA?

And please check if you add an email address in Outlook manually, will it be replicated to other clients.

Cmdlet Update-Safelist -Identity usermailbox is worth trying.

Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2011年10月17日 8:26
  • Hi ramasan,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

2011年10月19日 1:44
  • hi frank -

someone suggested updating to SP1 rollup 5, which i did yesterday. afterwards, i enabled the rule "allow email to safe sender list only". i then added xyz.com to the list via one client.

it appeared to work. i remoted in to another box with identical profile and it showed up.

in the morning, it was broken again. the xyz.com entry was gone (but all the original entries were there). and my final problem was still occuring:

email from xyz.com was ending in junk, and i was getting MULTIPLE INSTANCES of the same email in there.

i do NOT want to use group policy, as it is my understanding that each computer will have to be a member of the domain.

i also would like to easily be able to add to/modify this safesenderlist.txt file and have the results propagated.

on the verge of blowing one of my technet cases, but it really seems like this should be working out of the box.

thanks for any continued help with this.

2011年10月19日 17:17
  • Hi ramasan,

Instead of importing list to Outlook, could you please try to import it to Exchange mailbox directly?

Please remove all Safe Senders and Safe Recipients in Outlook first, after that, run the cmdlet Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration "user mailbox" | fl TrustedSendersAndDomains to confirm it should be blank.

Rename the list to c:\ list.csv , the file format should be:

Address

@safedomain1.com

@safedomain2.com

safesender@xyz.com

In the EMS:

$Temp = Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration "User mailbox"

Import-csv c:\list.csv | foreach {$Temp.TrustedSendersAndDomains += $_.Address}

Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity "user mailbox" -TrustedSendersAndDomains $Temp.TrustedSendersAndDomains

Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration

After that, please check the settings in Outlook 2010.

Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 回答の候補に設定 Frank.Wang 2011年10月24日 1:45
    • 回答としてマーク Frank.Wang 2011年10月25日 2:17
    • 回答としてマークされていない Frank.Wang 2011年10月25日 2:35
    2011年10月20日 3:12
  • Hi ramasan,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

2011年10月24日 1:45
  • The issue turned out to be that we needed to increase the size of the safe sender list due to the extensive size. This is detailed extensively for Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 - it amounts to a registry edit. This WILL NOT WORK for Exchange 2010.

To increase the size of the safe sender list in Exchange 2010 (or blocked sender list) you need to run a cmdlet from the Exchange Management Shell.

The default is 512KB. We bumped it to 1024, and it choked but a little further on the list. I then bumped it to 2048. Still choking.

In order for it to completely accommodate my list, which was at 219 domains and 2100 email addresses, the file size needed to be somewhere between the last bump 4096 and 2048KB.

And to describe the choking, after importing the list in the Outlook client, I was trying to add additional domains or addresses in OWA. I would add, then hit 'save' button. An error would pop up referring to someone in the list. I initially thought maybe it was a malformed email address. It was just the system's way of telling me it couldn't take any more.

Incidentally, there was no error in the Outlook 2010 client complaining that it couldn't take more entries.

• 回答としてマーク Frank.Wang 2011年10月25日 2:35
    2011年10月25日 2:32
  • Hi ramasan,

Thanks for sharing.

Frank Wang

2011年10月25日 2:36