none
Enabling Hyper-V Replica Broker on a Failover Cluster

질문

• I'm trying to enable the Hyper-V Replica Broker on a Failover Cluster. I thought I'd got over first problem - which was not being able to create the HRB computer account. That now works, however, the role still stays offline and won't start.

I've tried searching online - but all the information about Hyper-V replica seems geared up for people not using Failover Cluster/SCVMM...

Regards
    Lou

Sometimes I feel so happy
    Sometimes I feel so sad
    Sometimes I feel so happy
    But mostly you just make me mad
    Baby, you just make me mad

2013년 9월 25일 수요일 오후 3:18

답변

모든 응답

• This guy explains a lot about replicas and is very good reading, he also has very extensive articles about hyperv setup and problems.

http://www.aidanfinn.com/?p=12147

most of the other complain about the security issue like you say you had but were able to clear up,

When you created the replica broker role,

when did it start reporting offline after wizard, after configuring replication?

how did you provision storage for the replication a share or csv

either will have to be available from all nodes,

I tried a test to see if I could duplicate the offline, create the replica broker, and added a share point \\server\replication

all was running fine(online), I then to broker offline and deleted the \\server\replication folder and share

brought back online and it still did not say offline, I could not reboot the cluster to see if it went offline after a reboot.

I would look at the replication point make sure it's accessible by the same path \\server\replication from all nodes and possible owners of role try to create and delete a file in this share on each node to verify security.

All else fails now that you have security correct to create broker delete this one and try to create another new name new IP and see if you get better success.

2013년 9월 26일 목요일 오전 1:45
  • Can you help us with the error message which you get? Is there any event viewer message on why the broker did not start? You will find a bunch of articles on Hyper-V Replica http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualization/archive/tags/hvr/.

Praveen

2013년 9월 26일 목요일 오전 5:42
  • Hi there , question did you enable the replica feature before you built the cluster. The procedure would be install the Hyper-v role do not select the replica, build the cluster and then enable hyper-v replica.

The Hyper-v Nodes names become part of the Cluster name in DNS.

regards

D

2013년 9월 26일 목요일 오전 11:34
  • Hi,

The sentence :"which was not being able to create the HRB computer account.",does it mean "who" own the previlege to create HRB?
    In AD environment , the "computer account" should be the domain admin or a AD User which added into administrators group of each cluster node.
     "Windows Active Directory domain is not a requirement for Hyper-V Replica which can also be implemented between workgroups and untrusted domains with a certificate-based authentication. Active Directory is however a requirement if involving a Hyper-v host which is part of a failover cluster, and in such case all Hyper-V hosts of a failover cluster must be in the same Active Directory domain with security enforced at the cluster level" Here is a quote from the link below:

The following link is a explaination of hyper-v replica broker in a failover cluster : 

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards
    Elton Ji

2013년 9월 27일 금요일 오후 11:54