none
Intune Exchange connector vs. Configuration Manager Exchange connector

질문

• Hi everybody,

I have subscribed to Intune and I have set Configuration Manager as my Mobile device management authority.

Enrollment of mobile devices through "Company App Portal" works fine, mobile devices are popping up in the configuration manager console.

In order to enable a smooth enrollment I wanted to connect my Exchange server (on-premises) to Intune, I noticed that the download of the connector from the Intune portal (Mobile Device Management) is grayed out.

Based on the fact that I cannot download the Intune Exchange connected, I decided to configure the exchange connector available in Configuration Manager. Everything seems to work fine, my mobile devices have been quickly discovered, but I realized that this information cannot be used during the Intune enrollment process. The users have to manage the enrollment of their own devices...

My questions are:

Is the Intune connector not available for the download because Configuration Manager is my MDM authority?

What are the differences between these two connectors?

Is it possible to use the inventory information collected from Exchange to enroll the mobile devices to my intune subscription without asking my users to install the company app portal?

Thank you in advance for your help

faacq

2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:07

답변

• Hi,

Q: Is the Intune connector not available for the download because Configuration Manager is my MDM authority?

A: Yes

Q: What are the differences between these two connectors?

A: They synchronize the same data but to different systems, Intune only to intune and should be used when you don't use Configuration Manager as an MDM authority. and the otherway around.

Q:Is it possible to use the inventory information collected from Exchange to enroll the mobile devices to my intune subscription without asking my users to install the company app portal?

A: No, the users must still enroll their own mobile device using the company app portal(depending on device). It doesn't matter if you use Configuration manager or Intune as the MDM Authority.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• 답변으로 표시됨 faacq 2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:53
    2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:27

모든 응답

• Hi,

Q: Is the Intune connector not available for the download because Configuration Manager is my MDM authority?

A: Yes

Q: What are the differences between these two connectors?

A: They synchronize the same data but to different systems, Intune only to intune and should be used when you don't use Configuration Manager as an MDM authority. and the otherway around.

Q:Is it possible to use the inventory information collected from Exchange to enroll the mobile devices to my intune subscription without asking my users to install the company app portal?

A: No, the users must still enroll their own mobile device using the company app portal(depending on device). It doesn't matter if you use Configuration manager or Intune as the MDM Authority.

Regards,
    Jörgen

• 답변으로 표시됨 faacq 2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:53
    2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:27
  • Thank you for the quick answer!

If the deployment of Intune I so dependent to the users, do you have any suggestion about what can be a good incentive for them to install a new application on their devices?

Can I enforce a policy that allow them to connect to Exchange only after they have enroll their devices in Intune?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

faacq

• 답변으로 표시됨 faacq 2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:52
    • 답변으로 표시 취소됨 faacq 2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:53
    2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:40
  • Hi,

This is a challange, an in-house developed app that they don't get access to if they haven't enrolled their device is one way to do it. A certificate could be another way, if they don't enroll their device they cannot connect to the wireless network? or don't get a VPN connection?

There is no way to block exchange sync if the device isn't enrolled in Intune, you could perhaps require a client certificate to access the activesync IIS but it is a bigger question.

regards,
    Jörgen 

2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:48
  • Thank you for the answer, now I understand more.
    2014년 5월 5일 월요일 오후 12:51