none
Has anyone ever had luck scripting or found a tool to copy UAG config from one array to another?

질문

• I want to setup redudant arrays and dont want to copy and change the config manually...  Is there a tool or a script that will do this automatically?
    2013년 8월 6일 화요일 오후 5:34

모든 응답

• When the UAG array is created and members are added to the array, the config is automatically copied to the array members.

All administration changes are made on the array manager.

2013년 8월 6일 화요일 오후 10:23
  • Yes this is on the single array; however, my goal is to setup reduanant arrays with the same config.  For example, if I have 10 sites hosted on Array in Houston, I would like the mirrored config in Dallas on Array 2.

I am going to put a DNS load balancer in front of the 2 arrays to detect if one is down or up.  I want to be able to reboot or perform activation without bring the site down.  

2013년 8월 7일 수요일 오전 11:53
  • Activation doesn't bring the site down (reboot obviously would). There are no tools that I am aware of to do what you are wanting, but you could make the changes simultaneously and activate them both, and you wouldn't have clients drop. UAG does a good job of leaving sessions running and connected while you are making changes and activating.
    2013년 8월 7일 수요일 오후 3:09
  • I have been told serveral times that UAG sites dont go down during an activation; however, when I try to access the site it does not come up for about 8-10 mins.

I am hoping this is something I can fix or edit to make this change.  Any suggestions?

2013년 8월 7일 수요일 오후 6:12
  • The first time that you create a UAG portal or add an application it can take several minutes following activation for that change to take full effect, but if you are simply modifying something on an existing portal that is already running, the current version of the portal continues to run while the updates are taking place. The portal should be accessible throughout that process, but you might have to wait a bit before being able to see your changes or new settings.
    2013년 8월 7일 수요일 오후 7:14
  • In my experience, UAG handles activation with changes to an existing portal trunk with no issues.  We had problems with IAG where anytime you did an activation, it would drop all the RDP sessions that were running through it.  Have not seen that with UAG.  However, if you are adding a new trunk to the configuration, the activation process will often detect the ISAPI filters locked and do an IISRESET during the activation process.  In that case, the sessions do get dropped.

Hope this helps...

2013년 8월 8일 목요일 오전 1:45
  • Hiya, 

In terms of the activation process, there is some good information in the below link, if you haven't read it already. Generally with TMG/UAG its all about patience.... a little more patience.. 

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2010/12/30/understanding-and-troubleshooting-the-activation-process.aspx

2013년 8월 8일 목요일 오전 8:32
  • Great, thanks for all the tips. I am going to analyze this more in my dev system. 

I assume that no one has found a way to copy configurations between UAGs..

2013년 8월 9일 금요일 오후 6:55
  • Hiya, 

regarding the scripting no.. I did spend some time looking for some neet powershell on it, however looks like you need to go a bit low tech on a solution. Using the referenced tool; ConfigMgrUtil.exe

It has Import/export parameters.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2013/01/09/viewing-the-uag-configuration-directly.aspx

I havn't tried to use either yet as I'm currently a bit loaded with work. - I will definitely try this one sometime soon, as we just created a 110 pages guide for custom UAG installation and configuration....

Actually I just asked the man himself on the blog :)
    • 편집됨 Jesper Arnecke 2013년 8월 12일 월요일 오후 12:29 Added question.
    2013년 8월 12일 월요일 오후 12:18
  • Hiya, 

I simply did not have enough time. I started looking at the below also. I'm thinking performing a emergency restore type; load the configuration files into UAG and tell it to use that, rather than what is in the TMG storage. Again, this is completely experimental and honestly, it looks like the product is still not up to MS own standards. Maybe the next version will be a but more smooth in its operation.

Forefront UAG registry keys
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee809087.aspx

2013년 8월 21일 수요일 오전 6:43