2009년 7월 26일 일요일 오전 10:19Hi when i try to click on a link in my microsoft outlook 2003 it tells me THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO RESTRICTIONS IN AFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.I Have been in and cant find were to go to change this setting can some one please help me.
I have reinstalled microsoft outlook incase of any errors but this did not fix it.
Some one help please ?
2009년 7월 27일 월요일 오전 7:54
The Windows Vista Announcements forum is for general Windows Vista FYI only. I'm afraid that it is not the right place to post the outlook related problem in this forum and please make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry in the further. For your current situation, you might first perform the steps below to narrow downs the issue; if the problem still persists, you'd better submit a new thread to Windows Vista Applications. Thanks for your understanding.
Before going any further, we might try restoring the system back to the point before the issue occurred.
1) Before we start, please close all open files and close all open programs.
2) Click Start; click All Programs; click Accessories; click System Tools; and click System Restore. The System Restore user interface should appear.
3) Click Next.
4) From the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point before problem occurs and click Next.
5) Click Next again. The restore process will run and your system will restart automatically.
For more information, please refer to the article below:
Reset File Association
1) Open Set Program Access and Computer Defaults by clicking the Start button, clicking Default Programs, and then clicking Set your default programs option.
2) In the Set your default programs box, select Internet Explorer in the Programs list and then click the Set this programs as default option on the right.
3) Click OK.
Reset Internet Explorer
1) Click Start button-> Control Panel.
2) Change to Classic View on the left pane and double-click the Internet Options icon.
3) On the Security tab, click Default level button for each icon in the Select a zone to view or change security settings.
4) Click to Programs tab, and then click the Make default button if it is not grayed out.
5) Click to Advanced tab, click Restore advanced settings button in the Settings area.
6) Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer settings area and Click OK.
7) Click Apply, and then click OK.