2008년 12월 29일 월요일 오전 9:57
I backed up files to an external hard drive from my XP system and selectively restored a couple of folders to my Vista system on a different PC. I used the MS NTBackup-Restore utility and restored a backup file on my daughter’s settings which is on a separate partition on my C: drive. When I tried to open it I get the message “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder. Click continue” etc. It asks for an administrator’s password, which I type in; I then get “You have been denied permission to access this folder. You will need to use the security tab”. I seem to have tried everything including taking ownership, I keep getting the aforementioned messages; I cannot even delete it. Can anyone help?
2008년 12월 30일 화요일 오전 8:32
This is a common problem with files that you created from another installation of Windows .
This has to do with the security settings that Windows XP applied to these files. Since they were created from your user account in XP, they do not apply to your user account in Vista, and so you are denied access in some circumstances.
To fix this, you can follow these steps:
1) Click the Start Pearl, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2) Right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator".
3) In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window,
4) Change location to the folder you need access to (e.g. cd c:\folder)
5) Copy and paste "takeown /F (file name)" and click Enter.
6) Copy and paste "CACLS (full path of your file) /G Administrator:F " and click Enter.
Note: Administrator can be change to your local user account with the administrator permission
7) Restart the computer and test the issue.
For your information, please refer to the following KB articles
If the above steps do not work well on your case, I suggest you using the Windows Easy Transfer tool, which is available to help you easily move the files and settings stored on your PC running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or even Windows Vista to a new PC running Windows Vista
Get Windows Vista: Windows Easy Transfer
Windows Easy Transfer for Windows XP
Hope the information helpful!
- 답변으로 표시됨 Andy Song 2009년 1월 5일 월요일 오전 2:20
2009년 8월 12일 수요일 오후 10:14Is there an update for this? When I try to do this on Vista Home Premium SP1, I get the following:
'takedown' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.