2010년 7월 28일 수요일 오전 2:19
We are planning to upgrade some of our current IT servers.
Currently we have Native windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2007, Portfolio Server 2007, SharePoint 2007, SQL 2005 and Communication server 2007 R2.
Want to upgrade to SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010.
1. As we have Windows 2003 Domain and Schema but windows Server 2008 and SQL 2008 are requires to upgrade SharePoint 2010, can this server 2008 be a just a member server of our current 2003 AD, Schema? Or we have to upgrade our Domain Controller or Schema. If the answer is “NO” we don’t need to upgrade our schema or DC, in this case, will it compromise any functionalities of SharePoint 2010 or Project 2010?
2. Will functionality of SP2010 be realised running Exchange 2007 or must we upgrade?
2010년 7월 28일 수요일 오전 4:49
As I gave you this same answer on another forum.
01. No Exchange does not need to upgrade to 2010 because of SP 2010 because SP 2010 is a stand alone application which can work independently.
02. AD Schema will work in Windows 2003 mode because Schema level 2003 is supported in SP 2010.
03. There will be no issue in using SP 2010 with Exhcnage 2007 As I stated in # 01.
I hope this will help you.
M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007/2010, M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008, M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2, Phone: +923008210320
- 답변으로 표시됨 mkhan100 2010년 8월 3일 화요일 오후 10:38
2010년 7월 28일 수요일 오후 9:35
So are you saying that if we don't upgrade Exchange server and Schema, in terms of functionality and integration between SharePoint 2010, Project 2010, OCS 2007 R2 and Exchange 2007 will be optimum?
2012년 10월 7일 일요일 오전 1:15
I have also same configuration at my user,
SharePoint 2003 server, AD 2003, Exchange 2003, and all users having XP OS (means IE 7)
So how to propose him a sharepoint 2010 "upgradation" solution,