2013년 3월 16일 토요일 오후 4:36
I have a single-server (2K8R2) installation supporting < 100 machines. It worked well for about 2 years, but a few months ago it began to exhibit problems. The management console became non-functional. Any attempt to use it results in an 'Unexpected Error' screen, with a big 'Reset Server Node' button. It never, ever progressed beyond that point. I deleted the persisted settings file at AppData/Microsoft/MMC - no change. If I tried to run the clean-up wizard, it would hang if I selected 'delete unused updates'. It was apparently stuck in a never-ending synchronization - when any information COULD be gleaned from the plug-in, it indicated that it was in the middle of a synch. Always.
I finally got frustrated enough to completely delete the WSUS installation and re-install. I had to throttle the BITS download so I didn't saturate our internet connection - downloading a fresh 160GB of updates took 10 days. And with ~750MB left out of 160GB... the plug-in hangs. Close and re-start the management console - Unexpected Error. Click the 'Reset Server Node' - it resets, then eventually throw another error. Try to run the server cleanup wizard and it hangs. In other words, it's now just as useless as it was before re-installing.
Not very impressed with this particular product... (well, that's not true. I'm impressed, just not very favorably.)
Edit - I'm using the standalone database engine. That was also uninstalled and re-installed as part of the rebuild process.
- 편집됨 BIS-DR 2013년 3월 16일 토요일 오후 4:42
2013년 3월 16일 토요일 오후 5:20
... and as luck would have it, within 10 minutes of me getting frustrated enough to post here, it suddenly starts to work. Now showing 0 downloads remaining, succesfully ran the cleanup wizard, and now all seems to be as it should.
- 답변으로 표시됨 Clarence ZhangModerator 2013년 3월 18일 월요일 오전 8:12
2013년 3월 18일 월요일 오전 8:13중재자Thanks for your feedback:)
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
2013년 3월 21일 목요일 오전 1:18중재자
It worked well for about 2 years, but a few months ago it began to exhibit problems.
downloading a fresh 160GB of updates took 10 days.
Glad you got it working again...
But =160GB= of update files is about 16x what a typical WSUS server needs to download. If you have enough updates approved to generate 160GB of downloads, I can almost guarantee you that this issue is going to re-occur sometime in the next month. It sounds like you might find some use from a series of blog articles I just published on PatchZone.org:
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
SolarWinds Head Geek
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.