none
Lync Conversation History not working!

Dotaz

• Hello,

we are having problems with the Lync Conversation History.

Lync and Exchange are deployed in different domains (Lync: domain A, Exchange: domain B)! 

Domain B: Exchange, DNS, AD, Clients

Get-ClientAccessServer | fl aut*

AutoDiscoverServiceCN          : Exchange
    AutoDiscoverServiceClassName   : ms-Exchange-AutoDiscover-Service
    AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri : https://url/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
    AutoDiscoverServiceGuid        : xxxx
    AutoDiscoverSiteScope          : {Name}

Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | fl

Name                            : Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    InternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Basic, Ntlm, WindowsIntegrated, WSSecurity}
    ExternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Basic, Ntlm, WindowsIntegrated, WSSecurity}
    LiveIdSpNegoAuthentication      : False
    WSSecurityAuthentication        : True
    LiveIdBasicAuthentication       : False
    BasicAuthentication             : True
    DigestAuthentication            : False
    WindowsAuthentication           : True
    MetabasePath                    : IIS://ExchangeFQDN/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover
    Path                            : D:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Autodiscover
    ExtendedProtectionTokenChecking : None
    ExtendedProtectionFlags         : {}
    ExtendedProtectionSPNList       : {}
    Server                          : Exchange
    InternalUrl                     : https://url/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
    ExternalUrl                     : https://url/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
    AdminDisplayName                :
    ExchangeVersion                 : 0.10 (14.0.100.0)
    DistinguishedName               : CN=Autodiscover (Default Web Site),CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=Exchange,CN=Servers,CN=Exc
                                      hange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=xxx,
                                      CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=yyy,DC=net
    Identity                        : Exchange\Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    Guid                            : ba8067a2-7d2e-44bd-b984-11416d5789f0
    ObjectCategory                  : yyy.net/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Auto-Discover-Virtual-Directory
    ObjectClass                     : {top, msExchVirtualDirectory, msExchAutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory}
    WhenChanged                     : 19.09.2012 15:23:15
    WhenCreated                     : 19.09.2012 15:22:53
    WhenChangedUTC                  : 19.09.2012 13:23:15
    WhenCreatedUTC                  : 19.09.2012 13:22:53
    OrganizationId                  :
    OriginatingServer               : DCFQDN
    IsValid                         : True

Lync configuration information:

MAPI-Informationen;Ihr Outlook-Profil ist nicht korrekt konfiguriert. Wenden Sie sich mit diesen Informationen an das Supportteam.;MAPI nicht verfügbar;

EWS-Informationen;--;EWS nicht bereitgestellt;

Interne EWS-URL;;--;
    Externe EWS-URL;;--;

%username%\tracing\Communicator-uccapi-0.uccapilog:

SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards

• Upravený JaSch 11. října 2012 7:09
    9. října 2012 12:13

Odpovědi

• Hi,

I understand that you cannot get Lync conversation history in Outlook.

Did the all Lync user encounter the issue?

Please make sure the option "Save instant message conversations in my email Conversation History folder" and "Save my Lync contacts in my personal contacts folder on the Exchange server " have been selected in Lync client. In addition, please make sure the SMTP of Outlook account is the same with sip domain of Lync account.

For information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2689469

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Upravený Kent-Huang 10. října 2012 7:53
    • Navržen jako odpověď Kent-Huang 25. října 2012 1:45
    • Označen jako odpověď Kent-Huang 29. října 2012 1:20
    10. října 2012 7:53

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

I understand that you cannot get Lync conversation history in Outlook.

Did the all Lync user encounter the issue?

Please make sure the option "Save instant message conversations in my email Conversation History folder" and "Save my Lync contacts in my personal contacts folder on the Exchange server " have been selected in Lync client. In addition, please make sure the SMTP of Outlook account is the same with sip domain of Lync account.

For information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2689469

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Upravený Kent-Huang 10. října 2012 7:53
    • Navržen jako odpověď Kent-Huang 25. října 2012 1:45
    • Označen jako odpověď Kent-Huang 29. října 2012 1:20
    10. října 2012 7:53
  • Hi Kent,

got MAPI working! But EWS still doesn't work!

"Save instant message conversations in my email Conversation History folder" and "Save my Lync contacts in my personal contacts folder on the Exchange server " have been selected in Lync client.

The SMTP of Outlook is the same with sip domain of lync account.

Thanks!

• Upravený JaSch 11. října 2012 7:10
    10. října 2012 8:03
  • Any ideas???

Thanks!

11. října 2012 7:10
  • yea i have the same issue, i have just a few users who get the EWS unavailable and it breaks the conversation history (everything else seems to work!). We have tried everything (uninstalling/reinstalling, static configuration, etc). Most of the "solutions" people have posted for this revolve around autodiscover SRV records being needed for Lync, yet i have 2400 users working, and like 5 that have this problem...

12. října 2012 20:01
  • Hi JaSch,

Sorry for delay response. Does it happen for all users?

If EWS is unavailable, it will use MAPI connection to get info.

Does the problem client have more than 1 mail profiles? (control panel ==> mail ==> profiles)

For EWS, please make sure the autodiscover record in internal DNS server is correct and try to test Exchange autodiscover using Test-OutlookWebServices.

Pantherfan, would you please post a new thread for your question?

Regards,

Kent Huang

24. října 2012 2:11
  • Did either of you guys figure this out? I have the same situation. 1 user out of 100 has this problem. All tests work fine, it's just that one user that can't connect to EWS.
    2. dubna 2013 21:56