none
Unable to expand Distribution List in Communicator..........

Dotaz

• When i try to search Mail Enabled DL it shows it, but when i double click on it, it gives me error

Cannot perform this action, and the cause is unknown. Contact your system administrator to investigate this problem

I referr this link http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorcontacts/thread/dfd122b5-2ae1-4b5d-9aab-49f49d6214f5 

I go to the server and open the OCS console.  Expand Enterprise Pool and right click the server.  Go to properties then web component properties.  Clicked on group expansion and check box is enabled.  I then highlight and copy the internal URL and paste it into a web browser and then I Click on expanddistribution lists and it showed me these thing .

ExpandDistributionList

Test

The test form is only available for requests from the local machine.

SOAP 1.1

The following is a sample SOAP 1.1 request and response. The placeholders shown need to be replaced with actual values.

POST /GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx HTTP/1.1

Host: ocspool01.abc.com
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: length SOAPAction: "DistributionListExpander/ExpandDistributionList"

And it continues. Please help me in resolving this issue.

18. října 2010 13:32

Odpovědi

• When i try to search Mail Enabled DL it shows it, but when i double click on it, it gives me error

Cannot perform this action, and the cause is unknown. Contact your system administrator to investigate this problem

I referr this link http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorcontacts/thread/dfd122b5-2ae1-4b5d-9aab-49f49d6214f5 

I go to the server and open the OCS console.  Expand Enterprise Pool and right click the server.  Go to properties then web component properties.  Clicked on group expansion and check box is enabled.  I then highlight and copy the internal URL and paste it into a web browser and then I Click on expanddistribution lists and it showed me these thing .

ExpandDistributionList

Test

SOAP 1.1

The following is a sample SOAP 1.1 request and response. The placeholders shown need to be replaced with actual values.

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: length SOAPAction: "DistributionListExpander/ExpandDistributionList"

Ok problem solved.

I just gave RTC Component Local Group the full control permissions to the Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Web Components\Group Expansion folder and reset IIS, expansion worked fine now.

But i wonder why i was getting non-readable values after running https://ocspool01.abc.com/GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx as mentioned below

ExpandDistributionList

Test

SOAP 1.1

Hasan

18. října 2010 13:47

Všechny reakce

ExpandDistributionList

Test

SOAP 1.1

Ok problem solved.

I just gave RTC Component Local Group the full control permissions to the Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Web Components\Group Expansion folder and reset IIS, expansion worked fine now.

But i wonder why i was getting non-readable values after running https://ocspool01.abc.com/GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx as mentioned below

ExpandDistributionList

Test

SOAP 1.1

Hasan

18. října 2010 13:47
  • hi guys,

I have the same issue, I cannot expand only one DL in my communicator. other DLs can be expanded by all the users.

thanks

Mumin CICEK | www.cozumpark.com

14. února 2012 14:45