none
Lync 2010 Server PSTN/Gateway ASTERISK / TRIXBOX for udp<--sip-->tcp

General discussion

• I have successfully configure on a few occasions now, a Lync 2010 with external access / UM integration

LYNC: Single Front End Server, Mediation Server

IP ADDRESS/s: 10.0.0.2

FQDN on instld. Cert: lync.domain.local

RP: Microsoft Forefront TMG - Reverse Proxy for external ABS PUBLIC/PRIVATE(DOMAIN.local) Interface

IP ADDRESS/s: eg, 252.252.252.252, 10.0.0.40

FQDN on instld. Cert: sipweb.domain.com

SIP: Edge Server for external IM + A/V

IP ADDRESS/s: 252.252.252.253, 10.0.0.103

FQDN on instld. Cert: sip.domain.com, sip.domain.local

TRIXBOX: (FROM: SIP@provider.com:UDP) -> (TO: +61@domain.com:TCP)

I have also set up Exchange 2010 SP1 w/ UM integration huntgroup/dialplan and UMIPGateway = LYNC

Lync 2010 i386 Client - Windows 7 External Client (Public access  SRV *sip_tls/ % .domain.com )

External Dialing successful (through PSTN:/Gateway-TRIXBOX) Call forwarding also successful (problem with symultaneous ring = essentially working same as forward, lync client receive "XXXXXXX has answered, while the call rings and transfers successfully to external PSTN client )

Recieve External Call (from PSTN:/Gateway-TRIXBOX)

Address Book Synchronising

Voice Mail will download to Push-to-Play under Dial Tab in Lync 2010

Lync to Lync A/V/Conferencing/IM/File/Desktop/Sharing is all working

AUDIO Test Service works

Voice MAIL / UM Auto Attendant ---- Do Not Work 

Information;

I have sniffed the ethernet interface on my laptop at home while connected automatically with public cert verification (External)

What i see when dialing call is STUN Traffic to 10.0.0.1 (Exchange2010Sp1, UM,CAS,HUB,MBS) 

What do i need to do to enable Voice mail for external clients, making the Polycom CX700 that is connected / Updated to version 4.* (lync phone edition) and everything works, Calendar, Call history and Voice Mail List but 1 touch to play voice-mail not work from external. Why?

All of this has been on virtual hardware in a test environment running Xenserver 5.6 - 

All Windows Servers (Edge,RP,SFE,Exch) VM 4096MB RAM - 24GB VHD 4VCPU Xeon 3.0GHz

Trixbox VM

• Edited by Jad Seifeddine Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:44 PM autoformat keep chaning font size
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:42 PM

All replies

• What version of Trixbox are you running?
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:19 PM
  • I am running trixbox 2.8.0.4 on xenserver virt guest with 2048mb and 15GBVHD with 2VCPU

The config is as easy as below, following installation of Trixbox with 2 interfaces (public and private)

once you have that set up in the trixbox conf and DNS is correct

trixboxserv.domain.com/maint

ontop menu

choose PBX_-->PBX Settings

then on left hand menu

choose Trunks

then from this page choose add + SIP Trunk

ALL DEFAULTS ----

until;

Trunk Name:provider

PEER Details:

allow=alaw&ulaw

canredirect=no

context=custom-get-did-from-sip

disallow=all

fromdomain=nsw.sydneyaus.net.au

host=nsw.sydneyaus.net.au

insecure=very

secret=my-sip-secret

type=peer

username=02XXXXXXXX

Incoming Settings

USER Context:02XXXXXXXX

USER Details:

canreinvite=no

context=custom-get-did-from-sip

qualify=no

secret=my-sip-secret

type=user

username=02XXXXXXXX

Registration

Register String:

02XXXXXXXX:my-sip-secret@nsw.sydneyaus.net.au/02XXXXXXXX

Now for the LYNC go click save, apply and go back to the trunks page to add another trunk

all default until

Outgoing Settings

Trunk Name:Connect-with-LYNC

PEER Details:

host=lync.domain.local

transport=tcp

port=5068

insecure=very

type=peer

fromdomain=lync.domain.com.au

context=from-Lync

promiscredir=yes

qualify=yes

canreinvite=yes

Incoming Settings

USER Context:from-LYNC

USER Details:

host=lync.domain.local (OR IP ADDRESS, Hostname requires host record /etc/hosts/)

transport=tcp

port=5068

insecure=very

type=peer

context=from-Lync

promiscredir=yes

qualify=yes

canreinvite=yes

Now you need to add dailin exten handlin rules in ASTERISK (behind trixbox) using the terminal preferably

ssh sipout.domain.local (TRIXBOX IP address added to DNS)
    cd /etc/asterisk/
    vi extensions_custom.conf

; I added the following for use my purpose - matching my dailing plan in LYNC

Incoming calls (from the world (PSTN) to LYNC ) note; This is the only rule for calls from [custom-get-did-from-sip]

[custom-get-did-from-sip]
    exten => _.,1,Noop(External Call coming in from PROVIDER!)
    exten => _.,n,Set(pseudodid=${SIP_HEADER(To)})
    exten => _.,n,Set(pseudodid=${CUT(pseudodid,@,1)})
    exten => _.,n,Set(pseudodid=${CUT(pseudodid,:,2)})
    exten => _.,n,Set(LYNC_Client=+61${pseudodid:1})
    ;exten => _.,n,Set(LYNC_Client=${pseudodid})
    exten => _.,n,Answer
    exten => _.,n,Dial(SIP/${LYNC_Client}@Connect-with-LYNC,,tr)

;If I normalize a number like 94811111 make it 0294811111 - note I have many rules like this to achieve complete dialing capabilities

[from-Lync]
    exten => _0.,1,Set(numDialled=${EXTEN})
    exten => _0.,n,Set(REALCALLERIDNUM=${CALLERID(number)})
    exten => _0.,n(start),NoOp(REALCALLERIDNUM is ${REALCALLERIDNUM})
    exten => _0.,n,Set(USEROUTCID=${CALLERID(number)})
    exten => _0.,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=0${USEROUTCID:3})
    exten => _0.,n,Set(TRUNKOUTCID=${OUTCID_${ARG1}})
    exten => _0.,n,Answer
    exten => _0.,n,Dial(SIP/${numDialled}@provider,,tr)

NOW ON YOUR Front End Server -

add sipout.hbi.local in your topology for pstn gateway using port 5060 TCP

Everythings working perfectly, the phone has all call history and updated to lync phone edition as well as calendar and address book... funny thing is its sitting here re-siging in every 5-10 minutes like clock work... strange

Using the details above

Friday, January 07, 2011 3:01 PM
  • I've been able to get to the same level of functionality, with the exception of dial in conferencing with 2.8.0.4, which is why I was curious. I can dial in from the outside to a Lync client, a Lync client can dial out. A meeting attendee can join a meeting and use the call me function and it works successfully. When someone tries to dial one of the published PSTN conference dial in numbers, it accepts the call, has them enter their information, says they are now being joined to the conference. I see the person popup as joined on my Lync client for maybe 2 seconds, then the attendant says they cannot be joined to this meeting. I just keep getting the same error in the tracing, no matter what I do:

TL_INFO(TF_PROTOCOL) [0]0A8C.2324::01/07/2011-21:08:51.397.0001d81f (SIPStack,SIPAdminLog::TraceProtocolRecord:SIPAdminLog.cpp(125))$$begin_record

Trace-Correlation-Id: 3960482742

Instance-Id: 00032E07

Direction: incoming

Peer: invmalyncvm01.involtadc.local:5070

Message-Type: response

Start-Line: SIP/2.0 491 Invite with Replaces failed because Gateway side reinvite failed.

From: <sip:jward@involta.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:audio-video:id:BGLLFH39>;tag=a76ecf72e5;epid=051387A305

To: <sip:invmalyncvm01.involtadc.local@involta.com;gruu;opaque=srvr:MediationServer:BFHgCdcQO1GRCR3WP3DGKAAA;grid=d721707d4d5941f4b5de18c653c23214>;epid=B19108E3F4;tag=66c420364a

CSeq: 65 INVITE

Call-ID: 49085289-6ee0-4a15-9c28-789160b6f6fe

VIA: SIP/2.0/TLS 10.128.10.57:52813;branch=z9hG4bKA1C4C9D9.25A66D77A9F5F212;branched=FALSE,SIP/2.0/TLS 10.128.10.57:52812;branch=z9hG4bKe71642d9;ms-received-port=52812;ms-received-cid=412800

CONTENT-LENGTH: 0

P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY: "U.S. CELLULAR"<sip:319XXXXXXX;phone-context=DefaultProfile@involta.com;user=phone>

SERVER: RTCC/4.0.0.0 MediationServer

ms-diagnostics: 10010;source="invmalyncvm01.involtadc.local";reason="Gateway side Media negotiation failed";component="MediationServer";SipResponseText="Invite with Replaces failed because Gateway side reinvite failed."

ms-diagnostics-public: 10010;reason="Gateway side Media negotiation failed";component="MediationServer";SipResponseText="Invite with Replaces failed because Gateway side reinvite failed."

ms-endpoint-location-data: NetworkScope;ms-media-location-type=intranet

Message-Body: –

$$end_record

In the mean time, I'll talk to our UM person and see if they can shed any light on the issue you're facing.

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:39 PM
  • I'm not sure, but please check your trunk configuration -

at the moment for me this appears to be disabled as i have not ventured to that yet but take not of the below;

"

Incoming Settings

USER Context:02XXXXXXXX

USER Details:

canreinvite=no

"

Sunday, January 09, 2011 2:37 PM
  • I am trying to connect Lyc to AsteriskNOW (FreePBX 2.8.1.4, Asterisk Version 1.6.2.17)

I am able to dial Lync extension from my Asterisk but can't dial back to Asterisk from Lync. Here is my Trunk configuration (Peer Details and Incoming Settings)

host=10.10.0.60
    transport=tcp
    port=5060
    insecure=very
    type=peer
    fromdomain=mydomain.com
    context=from-lync
    promiscredir=yes
    qualify=yes
    canreinvite=yes

host=10.10.0.60
    transport=tcp
    port=5060
    insecure=very
    type=peer
    context=from-Lync
    promiscredir=yes
    qualify=yes
    canreinvite=yes

I am able to trace following error using Lync logging tool

Received status code 503 for request sip:817@10.10.0.7:5070;user=phone;maddr=lyncfe.identitymine.com

(0000000003248F2F)Gateway 10.10.0.7 being taken down. Time of shutdown:7/21/2011 11:57:08 AM; Timer set for:8

Gateway [10.10.0.7] failure - reason [503 Service Unavailable]

Next hop not found. Responding with 503.

An exception 'Microsoft.Rtc.OutboundRouting.OutboundRoutingException' was thrown at '   at Microsoft.Rtc.OutboundRouting.OutboundRoutingDispatcher.PrepareRequest(OutboundRoutingTransaction transaction)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.OutboundRouting.OutboundRoutingDispatcher.ReRouteRequest(OutboundRoutingTransaction transaction, Response response, Boolean isCACFailure)'. Message 'Routes available, but no next hop available'

Cannot reroute request: Routes available, but no next hop available

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Savi

Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Asterisk by default uses port 5060 for SIP, (UDP or TCP).

This line from your Lync log shows 5070

"Received status code 503 for request sip:817@10.10.0.7:5070;user=phone;maddr=lyncfe.identitymine.com"

Double check the port number where your Mediaition server is sending to, and double check the port Asterisk is receiving on.

Also, by default, the Mediaition server receives on 5068, but if 5060 is working for you then it's all good.

Regards

Paul Adams

MS Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit writer | website: www.pauladamsit.com
    Friday, July 22, 2011 11:28 PM
  • Paul,

I think this trace is from the Front End and port 5070 is correct, since "Port 5070 is used by the Mediation Server for incoming requests from the Front End Server to the Mediation Server.” i.e. in co-located scenario FE talks to itself on 5070.

A clean "Mediation Server" (no S4, no SIPStack must be examined.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:33 AM
  • I was able to fix the dialing issues, here the steps that I documented http://savithomas.blogspot.com/2011/07/connecting-lync-server-2010-with.html

• Edited by Savi Thomas Monday, July 25, 2011 10:11 PM typo
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:11 PM