none
Lync File Transfer Agent

Question

• Hi all,

I am receiving the following errors in my even log after a DR failover and failback.  Can anyone help me with what I need to do to resolve this?  Our Lync man is currently on leave so I'm trying to work my way around....

Microsoft Lync Server 2010, File Transfer Agent service is stopping.

Reason: Machine 'rgapp258.messaging.johnsonmatthey.com' is in pool 'rgfepool01.messaging.johnsonmatthey.com' that does not have role 'CentralMgmt' installed on it.

Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Master Replicator Agent service is stopping.

Reason: Machine 'rgapp258.messaging.johnsonmatthey.com' is in cluster 'rgfepool01.messaging.johnsonmatthey.com' that does not have role 'CentralMgmt' installed on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please restart your server and start the services again.

Please run Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus to get result of replication.

It seems that the central management Server disappear on server. You may need to re-run step 2 installing lync components.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi Kent,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have managed to resolve the issue. It would appear after the DR Scenario and the CSManagementStore moving to a different server, there were issues replicating to the Edge servers.

I narrowed this down to a number of ports that appeared to be blocked on the firewall (although I was informed this was tested).

As soon as these were opened and a replication initiated, the Get-CSManagementStoreReplication returned True for all Edge Servers and the File Transfer Agent appeared to stabilise.

We haven't experienced any further issues with this.

• Marked as answer by NIU Support Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please restart your server and start the services again.

Please run Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus to get result of replication.

It seems that the central management Server disappear on server. You may need to re-run step 2 installing lync components.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi Kent,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have managed to resolve the issue. It would appear after the DR Scenario and the CSManagementStore moving to a different server, there were issues replicating to the Edge servers.

I narrowed this down to a number of ports that appeared to be blocked on the firewall (although I was informed this was tested).

As soon as these were opened and a replication initiated, the Get-CSManagementStoreReplication returned True for all Edge Servers and the File Transfer Agent appeared to stabilise.

We haven't experienced any further issues with this.

• Marked as answer by NIU Support Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:29 AM