none
Pre-Create meeting rooms?

Question

• Is it possible to pre-create meeting rooms i.e. I want tenant X to have 10 meeting rooms available to be booked by them at any time etc?

• Moved by Noya LauModerator Monday, March 05, 2012 6:15 AM (From:Capacity Planning & Performance)
    Monday, February 27, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• Assuming you are talking about Lync Online Meetings and not Exchange....

The Lync MCU doesn't reserve capacity as such, but if it's scaled properly for the install it shouldn't have to. You can pre book meetings with the Outlook plugin easily.

hope that helps

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:28 PM
  • If you have a monitoring server there is a "user activity report" query.  You can monitor someones conference usage.  If this needs to be automated the data resides in that database and you would just need to write some customized scripts.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if this resolved the issue.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:02 PM

All replies

• Assuming you are talking about Lync Online Meetings and not Exchange....

The Lync MCU doesn't reserve capacity as such, but if it's scaled properly for the install it shouldn't have to. You can pre book meetings with the Outlook plugin easily.

hope that helps

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:28 PM
  •  Thanks for the response this isn't a case of have to it will form part of our billing mechanism, i.e. or the first 10 meeting rooms will be a flat charge for anything over it will incur an additional cost etc.
    • Edited by Zideq Monday, February 27, 2012 4:54 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 4:53 PM
  • If you have a monitoring server there is a "user activity report" query.  You can monitor someones conference usage.  If this needs to be automated the data resides in that database and you would just need to write some customized scripts.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if this resolved the issue.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:02 PM