none
SEFAUtil.exe commands (other then no switches) do not complete

Question

• I have configured SEFAUtil.exe on a dedicated server and it is working, but only to view a user's call forwarding settings.  Running a command like this works fine:

SEFAUtil.exe /server:pool1.domain.com daniel.segner@domain.com

User Aor: sip:daniel.segner@domain.com
    Display Name: Daniel Segner
    UM Enabled: True
    Simulring enabled: False
    User Ring time: 00:00:30
    Call Forward No Answer to: voicemail

Any other switches results and the tool never completes, I've let it run for 60 minutes... The interesting thing is that it does does work in most cases.  The settings on the client are updated.  It seems like the tool is waiting for a confirmation that never comes back from SQL.  The dedicated server and SQL are on the same subnet, so no firewall.  Any ideas?

Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:14 PM

All replies

• The SEFAUtil tool can be run only on a computer that is a part of a Trusted Application Pool. UCMA 3.0 must be installed on that computer. To run the tool, a new Trusted Application with the sefautil application ID must be created on that pool. Please confirm.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:14 AM
  • The SEFAUtil tool can be run only on a computer that is a part of a Trusted Application Pool. UCMA 3.0 must be installed on that computer. To run the tool, a new Trusted Application with the sefautil application ID must be created on that pool. Please confirm.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Noya, you are correct that it needs to be in a trusted app pool, but in our environment this was already the case.
    Monday, July 09, 2012 5:02 PM
  • Hey Daniel.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue, but even thou it stops and never finishes, i have learned that clicking Ctrl+C after a few minutes will bring back the command prompt and the changes to user have been updated.

It just annoys me that i have to push Ctrl + C.

Monday, September 03, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue, has someone a solution ?

Sefautil shows settings without any problem but when I change someting it doesn't get repsone until I press Ctrl + C and the change is done.

The installation should be correct I checked it more than one time ;) 

Thanks

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:32 AM