none
Lync webcam "disappears" upon sign-in

Question

• So I can start the Lync client and not sign in, and view the webcam in "options" just fine.  It also works fine in other programs.  Once I sign in to Lync, I can no longer see the camera in "options" and cannot use it.  Lync client version is 4.0.7577.4061.  This happens on a domain computer with GPOs applied as well as a non-domain computer.  Thank you.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is video disabled through Lync policies?  Lync policies are no longer controlled with GPO's, but through in-band provisioning.

Tim Harrington | MVP: Lync | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, Lync 2010, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Did the issue occur for all users? Since it is fine before you sign in, the issue may be caused by the client policy. Please try to check if policies are configured correctly in Lync Control Panel. You can go to User configuration page to check if the option Audio/video disabled was selected.

In addition, you can try to log on Lync from another computer to test the issue. Please feel free to let us know the exactly result.

Regards,

Kent

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Ok, so it works now after applying the February 2010 Lync update.  Apparently RCC disables video, and that update enables it.  Thank you!
    Friday, April 20, 2012 4:12 PM