none
Display Name not synchronized with Active Directory

    Question

  • Hello,

    I have a user with Display Name in AD    Chan Andrew      and thus the display name in the Lync client contacts are show    Chan Andrew    as well

    I found that it is not comfortable and I change the order to   Andrew Chan   All subsequent users adding Andrew does show correctly as    Andrew Chan

    However, about days of waiting, the display name is still   Chan Andrew   instead of   Andrew Chan   

     

    Other users have the correct order when adding Andrew

     

    Please advice what should I do to update the display name

    Thank you

    Andrew

    Monday, February 06, 2012 6:12 AM

Answers

  • I found that it is the Lync Client created two contacts inside outlook, one with old, wrong order, one with correct order.

    I deleted the old one and restarted the Lync Client

    Then the problematic user First Name Last name order is correct now.

    Thank you very much

    Andrew

    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:44 AM

All replies

  • Can you try to remove the contact from the contact list and add it again?
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -
    Monday, February 06, 2012 2:05 PM
  • Hi,

     

    Since your other users have the correct order when adding Andrew, the issue may occur if the Lync client cannot update the Global Address List (GAL)

    or there maybe someting wrong with the local GalContacts DB file. Here are some suggestions for this isue:

     

    1) Please remove the contact list, exit Lync client,force the client to download the new GAL with modifying the registry key GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0, 

    then add the contact back again to see if it updates:

     

    Execute the following command from the Windows Command Prompt run as an administrator (or manually add the GalDownloadInitialDelay registry key). Setting this value to 0 will force Lync to immediately download the address book instead of randomly selecting a time to check the server. 

     

    reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator /v GalDownloadInitialDelay /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

     

    2) Exit Lync and delete the GalContacts.dband GalContacts.db.idxfiles from the user’s profile directory:

     

    On Windows XP workstations:

    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

    On Windows Vista or Windows 7 workstations:

    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

     

    3) Please remove the problem contact (Chen Andrew) in the Lync client, try to log in on another computer and add Andrew Chen again.

     

    A great blog post for your reference

    http://blog.schertz.name/2010/09/updating-the-lync-2010-address-book/

     

    Best Regards,

    Kent HX

     



    Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:23 PM
  • I found that it is the Lync Client created two contacts inside outlook, one with old, wrong order, one with correct order.

    I deleted the old one and restarted the Lync Client

    Then the problematic user First Name Last name order is correct now.

    Thank you very much

    Andrew

    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:44 AM
  • I am glad to hear the issue has ben resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

    Regards,

    Kent

    Monday, February 13, 2012 4:51 AM