none
MS Communicator Message Notification

Question

• The Windows 7 MS Communicator Message Notification is so subtle, I hardly ever notice that I have a new message.  Is there any thing I can do to make it stand out more and be more noticable...

Gary

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:55 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately no, unless you revert your W7 taskbar to the legacy Windows display.  I've struggled with the same but over the past year I've been running W7 I've adapted to it.

In the next release of OCS I'd expect that behavior to be updated for a better W7 experience, but I doubt we'll see any changes in the OCS 2007 R2 client interface to address this.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:57 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately no, unless you revert your W7 taskbar to the legacy Windows display.  I've struggled with the same but over the past year I've been running W7 I've adapted to it.

In the next release of OCS I'd expect that behavior to be updated for a better W7 experience, but I doubt we'll see any changes in the OCS 2007 R2 client interface to address this.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:57 PM
  • This is also a problem I'm experiencing. MS Communicator is being rolled out company wide, however we're not finding it as valuable as it could be as users are not noticing when a new message has been sent to them. Having an option to allow the user to specify that the Conversation window pops-up, rather than flashing in the Taskbar, would be ideal.
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:42 PM
  • I'm in the same boat.  We use communicator for our phones as well and since the headset is always plugged in I never hear or see when someone messages me.  I thought about switching to using pidgin with the communicator plugin, but I don't think I be able to make and receive phone calls using pidgin.

There really needs to more configuration options for notification and/or an easy API for developers to write their own.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Seems like the perfect usage model for a Communicator Gadget.  I'm missing at least a couple of converstations a day. 
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:05 PM