none
Android Mobile Client Failed Login After Update

Question

• I can no longer sign into the lync mobile client from my android devices after the most recent update. the client was working successfully up until the most recent update, now all logins fail with the "cannot connect to the server right now, please try again" message. i have the clients set up as follows..

- for the external server in the client's menu options i have specified the following address = https://dialin.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscoverservice.svc/root

- i have left the internal server name field blank as it just fills it in automatically with the same address as the external once it connects.

that configuration was the one that was working prior to the update.

here are the steps i have taken so far to try and solve this issue,

- i have updated my lync FE server and lync edge server with the most recent updates from microsoft

- i have looked for a recent mobility update package, but still only see the original one that has been released.

anyone else having this issue?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:11 PM

Answers

• sorry for the delay, i was able to solve this issue with a representitive from the microsoft break fix team. quite a few things came into play here, and it was a domino effect from there.

the issue was the port 443 was is use by another application other than the services on my edge server. turns out, i had IIS installed on my edge server, which is not a requirement for the new lync edge services, so upon rebooting my edge server, IIS snatched up port 443 for listening on the startup. which is why netstat was showing port 443 being in use by the system process with a PID of 4 (which is the system process itself). once i uninstalled IIS role, i was able to restart the edge services with no problem and i can now log in from my external devices through my edge server.

thank you for all the help here.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Ross,

Can you paste the Lync mobile client logs here?

Abhay Kamath (MSFT)- Global Partner Services

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:14 AM
  • sure abhay, here is the log file generated from the diagnostic logging on the client

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=4159e21cc2283f38&resid=4159E21CC2283F38!105&parid=4159E21CC2283F38!103
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Hi Ross,
    How about Lync 2010 client? Is it normal?

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 05, 2012 7:40 AM
  • yea, client is ok. however, i just discoverd today that my external web services are down and are no longer responding, not sure what happend as i didnt change anything so id be willing to bet once i troubleshoot and fix that, the mobility services will come back up..

just checked out my edge server, i cant seem to start the audio/video service, and just looked in the event logs and this is what i saw...

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:14 PM
  • id be willing to bet once i troubleshoot and fix this issue that mobility services will follow suite

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Hi Ross,

Any update?

You can start logging on the Lync Edge server, and check if any error.

And you can also check the ports and services by the Netstat command.

In addition, please make sure the information in Lync Topology matches with Edge settings.

Here provide some other tips for reference. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:23 AM
  • sorry for the delay, i was able to solve this issue with a representitive from the microsoft break fix team. quite a few things came into play here, and it was a domino effect from there.

the issue was the port 443 was is use by another application other than the services on my edge server. turns out, i had IIS installed on my edge server, which is not a requirement for the new lync edge services, so upon rebooting my edge server, IIS snatched up port 443 for listening on the startup. which is why netstat was showing port 443 being in use by the system process with a PID of 4 (which is the system process itself). once i uninstalled IIS role, i was able to restart the edge services with no problem and i can now log in from my external devices through my edge server.

thank you for all the help here.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:54 PM