none
Error "could not be reached and this message was not delivered"

Question

• 'm having a weird issue.

We recently developed an application using UCMA. Sometimes, if a user who doesn't have access to this application uses Communicator to send an IM to a user who does have access to this application (but may or may not be using it at the time), OCS refuses to send their IMs with the error: " [User] could not be reached and this message was not delivered." This doesn't happen all the time or with all the users. And, no, none of these users have anything the "IP Phone" or the "Other IP Phone" fields. 

We're trying to get our company/users to turn on OCS logging (on server or client), but we're getting some push back and it looks like it will take some time. It's also a little difficult because we can't reproduce these errors with any consistency.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how we might go about troubleshooting it?

(PS - I posted this in the UCMA forum, as well, but I wasn't sure whether the problem was with our application or with OCS, itself, so I'm cross-posting it here, as well. I apologize in advance if it's against the rules to cross-post between forums.)

Friday, April 30, 2010 9:30 PM

All replies

• Does the OCS works fine before the application was deployed? Would you remove the application have a try?

Or if can post here errors and warnings logs would be better.

Best Regards!
    Monday, May 03, 2010 7:58 AM
  • I finally manged to get the log files. The only error is that the conversation got canceled after 10 minutes -- for some reason, Communicator doesn't seem to be auto-accepting the conversations after 10-15 seconds like it usually does, and the Communicator logs don't really include any errors pertaining to why this might be.
    Monday, May 03, 2010 6:14 PM
  • hi , sadhana

i also have the same problem with you ,and now it still unsuccesse yet.

i hope we will have the solution soon.

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:36 AM
  • Is this on OCS 2007 or OCS 2007 R2?

Certified IT Professional Lync Server 2010 / Exchange 2007 - http://www.uwictpartner.be
    If you think my post is the answer to your question, please mark it as answer so future visitors can easily find it.

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:13 AM