none
Lync answer with SIP 491 - Proxy Side Reinvite Failed, pass result to GW when we try to make a RE-INVITE.

Question

• Hello,

In some cases, the gateway I'm using try to make a Reinvite (to update media Info) but Lync always reject this with SIP 491 Proxy side reinvite failed, pass result to GW.

Did anyone had this error before?

After this message should we try to send again the Reinvite? I'm using Lync without REFER Support.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:41 PM

Answers

• The gateway does already a reinvite, that the Lync answers with 491 ( don't know the reason why he doesn't accept the reinvite message ), but if we repeat this reinvite message then he accept.

• Marked as answer by nhcoohrh Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:24 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check you set type=friend and canreinvite=yes on gatetway trunk.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Hello Sean,

Thank you for the answer, when you say settings "type=friend" and "canreinvite=yes" on gateway trunk you are telling in the Lync Side configurartion using powershell command or in the device i'm using to connect to the PSTN?

At Lync Powershell commands we have the Set-CsPstnGateway with the option "Routable"

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398408.aspx

Should we activate this to true? Does this influence the external call transfers made by this PSTN Gateway? 

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Do you deploy other servers(cucm,Asterisk) for IP Phone?

Some gateway and IP -Pbx server support the canreinvite setting.

I did not find any configuration can set canreinvite in lync server.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:50 AM
  • The gateway does already a reinvite, that the Lync answers with 491 ( don't know the reason why he doesn't accept the reinvite message ), but if we repeat this reinvite message then he accept.

• Marked as answer by nhcoohrh Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:24 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:25 AM
  • We see the same behavior to a re-invite.  Do you see in the 491 something that refers to "supported 100 rel" in the message response?   We see Lync and OCS both respond in this fashion.  Prior to the 491 we see an invalid 100 trying generated out of the mediation server which is outside of accepted responses to this request.  An additional re-invite is being sent with identical information and we see Lync and OCS then generate a 2XX response.  We do not have an answer on this either, good to see we are not alone.
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Usually this happens only on re-invite, and when the re-invite contains something that the Lync doesn't like/accept.

example, you do a hold, and make re-invite to provide moh source to Lync client, and then you provide moh source without encryption. If you have media-bypass ON the Lync endpoints by default only work with encryption. So you could face some error message like 491 from Lync.

I don't know what is your example, but i believe when Lync gives 491 to re-invite (to all attempts of reinvite you do) it's because something wrong in the new offer.

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:14 AM
  • We see the same response on OCS, Lync 2010 and 2013.  The far end is an ALU OMNI PCX that is trying to initiate a call transfer.  Music on hold is also involved so a lot of re-invites are going on.  We do not see anything specific that is the trigger.  We are still investigating.

Randy Pickrell

Friday, January 24, 2014 2:23 PM
  • We see the same response on OCS, Lync 2010 and 2013.  The far end is an ALU OMNI PCX that is trying to initiate a call transfer.  Music on hold is also involved so a lot of re-invites are going on.  We do not see anything specific that is the trigger.  We are still investigating.

Randy Pickrell

Hi Randy, i having the same issue with an ALU OXE, did you find any solution?
    Friday, January 31, 2014 1:02 AM