Lync Client for iOS
Symptom: With autodiscover enabled the client responds with a ‘The server name is
incorrect. Please check it and retry.”
Configuration of iOS client withurls works. Both autodiscover files (root & domain) obtained
via Safari look OK to me.
Results from http://www.testocsconnectivity.com succeed.
Two FE servers DNS load balanced.
Web services (simple urls, etc.) load balanced behind F5 LTM (v10.2). Setup using cookie persistence and encryption both to and from the vip.
External web services URL is published externally via TMG.
External cname for lyncdiscover.domain.com points to external web services DNS A record.
lyncdiscover.domain.com has been added to certificates and re-published on FE, LB and TMG.
I must be missing some elementary element releative to autodiscover. Any ideas?
assuming you are trying to login to lync mobile client from out side correct?
have you tried by putting lyncdiscover.domain.com on the webbrowser to see weather it gives some file to download. have you done nslookup and try to find lyncdiscocer.domain.com is resolve able have you done testing internally is it working
how about running test-csmcxp2pim is it giving success or not?
for more information about lync mobility deployment you can go to http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com
in the TMG have you added lyncdiscover.domain.com in the external names you can also test that you are coming to tmg or not by enalbe logging in tmg
also you can do trouble shooting with the hlep of this http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2012/02/21/troubleshooting-external-lync-mobility-connectivity-issues-step-by-step.aspx
If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync
I think I've exhausted all of the troubleshooting I can do with out help. I've opened an incident with Microsoft.
However, while perusing the Permier support site, I noticed an update was released a few days ago for Lync, which includes a possible fix (kb 2493736) for this specific mobility issue. And a few others. I'm planning on installing the updates this weekend. I'll report back next week.
I have had the same experience and have applied all of the recent updates and verified that the service is reachable via a web browser and through the http://www.testocsconnectivity.com/ site. Not sure what the issue is now. Also noticed that Federated contacts are now having presence issues where presence is shown as "unknown" until a user is selected for a conversation at which time their presence is shown. Equal experience as a Lync user inside and outside the firewall. Weird.
The March updates, referred to as CU5 did not correct the issue.
I contacted MSPSS, who requested I uninstall and start over.
After doing so autodiscover was working as expected.
So that part is done.
So clients are able to login using Auto-Detect Server .
Here are the steps to re-install... in my case anyway.
From Control Panel, select uninstall a program. Select Lync Server Mobility Service.
1. Log on to the computer as a user who is a member of the CsAdministrator group.<o:p></o:p>
2. Download the latest installation package from the Microsoft Download Center and extract it to the hard disk.<o:p></o:p>
3. Copy McxStandalone.msi to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync Server\Deployment\cache\4.0.7577.0\setup.<o:p></o:p>
4. Start the Lync Server Management Shell:5. Run C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Click Start, click All Programs,
click Microsoft Lync Server 2010, and then click Lync Server Management Shell.<o:p></o:p>
Lync Server 2010\Deployment\Bootstrapper.exe.
Then reboot the FE's and test.
The other steps covered in the Mobility Guide were still in place, so I didn;t need to rerun those.
- Edited by uaebel Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:09 PM