none
Microsoft lync Popup

Question

• How do I disable the popup window on microsoft lync whenever a new message is recieved?
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

• Other than building your own client, I don't think that you can disable them.
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi williewilkins,

Agree with Marshal. But I’m afraid that the instant message invitation alert feature can’t be set at the client. It’s different from the MSN or some other IMs.

If you don’t want to be disturbed by others, you could change your status to “Do Not Disturb”.

In addition, when the alert appears, you can also deal with it by these keyboard shortcuts efficiently.

Windows logo key + A: Accept an incoming invitation notification.

Windows logo key + X: Decline an invitation notification and change status to Do Not Disturb.

Windows logo key + Esc: Decline an invitation notification.

Above all, hope useful.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

• Other than building your own client, I don't think that you can disable them.
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi williewilkins,

Agree with Marshal. But I’m afraid that the instant message invitation alert feature can’t be set at the client. It’s different from the MSN or some other IMs.

If you don’t want to be disturbed by others, you could change your status to “Do Not Disturb”.

In addition, when the alert appears, you can also deal with it by these keyboard shortcuts efficiently.

Windows logo key + A: Accept an incoming invitation notification.

Windows logo key + X: Decline an invitation notification and change status to Do Not Disturb.

Windows logo key + Esc: Decline an invitation notification.

Above all, hope useful.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:35 AM
  • The new message popup is a very distracting annoyance with this tool  (other than that, everything is flawless and have been happy using Lync at work)   Most other IM tools created by Microsoft, one can disable that.  Im surprised this feature was overlooked?
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:26 PM
  • On a far different note:  How can a user set pop-up notification to be more obvious, last longer, pop in middle of screen and float to top?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:05 PM
  • There's no method to address this with the default client so we developed Lync Notifier using the SDK.  Our UC customers were constantly complaining of missing important messages so we gathered their requirements and then threw in several additional features to improve the client experience.  The notification window doesn't go away until you respond to it by either responding or clicking ignore.  The notification also has a glowing border that draws attention to the new message.  You can even reply directly from the notification window simply by right clicking it and typing your response.  And we also addressed the truncated message issue by showing the entire message in a tooltip window when you mouseover the callout icon.  So far, the user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, but we would love to hear any thoughts the community is willing provide.  Lync Notifier can be downloaded here: http://lyncnotifier.com  -  let us know what you think.... 

Lync 2013, popup, pop up, pop-up, notification, messages, missed, IM, instant message, messaging, Lync 2010
    Friday, January 11, 2013 6:48 PM