none
Error: An error occurred: "System.InvalidOperationException" "Cannot publish topology changes. Users or contacts are still homed on a pool that would be deleted. Move or remove the users or contacts before continuing."

Question

• I have recently migrated from 2010 to 2013, and I'm now in the process of removing the 2010 servers. When removing the servers I get the error "Error: An error occurred: "System.InvalidOperationException" "Cannot publish topology changes. Users or contacts are still homed on a pool that would be deleted. Move or remove the users or contacts before continuing."

I've checked all users/phones and they are on the new pool, and I can't find anything else that might be the issue.

Anyone know where I might look from here?

Dave

Dave

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:27 AM

Answers

• There is definetly something is in the old pool.  Check everything, not just users and phones.  Check the Dial-In Access, Call Park, check workflows and queues and groups.  Check everything that is in the Control Panel.  Every tab.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:24 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

Except user account, the following content will need to be moved to the new server:

Meeting content

Dial-In Access Numbers

Call Park Application settings

Response Groups

Address Book

migrate Common Area Phones

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204998.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:45 AM

All replies

• There is definetly something is in the old pool.  Check everything, not just users and phones.  Check the Dial-In Access, Call Park, check workflows and queues and groups.  Check everything that is in the Control Panel.  Every tab.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

Except user account, the following content will need to be moved to the new server:

Meeting content

Dial-In Access Numbers

Call Park Application settings

Response Groups

Address Book

migrate Common Area Phones

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204998.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:45 AM
  • I just had the same issue and after bashing my head against a wall I finally submitted and called Microsoft!

Have you got Exchange UM connected to Lync? if you have you need to run OCSUMUtil from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Support, select "Load Contacts" and then delete anything under the contacts section.

Once completed my server was successfully removed from the topology it looks like this is what is meant in the error message as "contacts".

Hope it helps

James

• Proposed as answer by James Botham Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:30 PM
    • Edited by James Botham Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Same problem here, have tried all the above but still no joy :(

Any advice would be appreciated...

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Just use the -force option with the remove.

Dave

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:50 AM
  • For me it was Unified Messaging Contacts.

Get-csexumcontact and see where they're homed. You can pipe them to move-csexumcontact to get them over to the new pool.

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:47 PM