none
Thread: Office Communicator 2007 R2 cannot Start

Question

• I am facing some error on my client site, which is very strange, when I start MOC on system it gives me error.

"Office Communicator 2007 R2 cannot start. The product license maybe expired because you are using pre-release or evaluation copy of the program, or the product key information maybe modified in your windows registry, please run setup to uninstall & reinstall the product"

I am facing this problem on many PCs, I dont know whats wrong with the client, any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please take a look at this article and see if it fits your situation:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974571/en-us  

DURP
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Hi Zabulon,

Thanks for your reply, but this is not my problem, let me explain that what I am getting.

on my client machine (Windows 7 or XP) I install MOC 2007 R2, go to start menu and by clicking MOC, it did not open, even its giving me the error that the license is expired or something wrong with registry entry, and KB 974571 is related to Server not for client.

Regards.

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

Can anybody help me on this please ?

Regards.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this document and have a try.

http://jinsonwong.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-office-communicator-license.html

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:25 AM
  • Thanks for the link.  This didn't work for me (win 7 x64, communicator 2007 r2).  The registry keys listed by the author are not present, so couldn't try deleting them; the uninstall/install lync/uninstall lync/ reinstall moc 2007 r2 sequence didn't work either.

I have the same message and failure to start as OP.

Any other ideas?

Monday, May 19, 2014 4:34 PM
  • I have the same problem. Please let me know if you have an answer to the problem.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:48 PM