none
Call cannot be transfered from Exchange 2010 Auto Attendant to Lync 2010 Enterprise Voice users with Local Numbers

Question

• I hope anyone can help me.

I ha a consolidated Exchange 2010 server (with MBX, CAS, HUB, UM on it) and a Lync 2010 infrastructure. My Lync 2010 infrastructure has a FE/Mediation and Edge Server architecture. All my Lync users (ex. User1 has a local of 1000 and User2 has a local of 2000) are configured with local numbers. I have a DID assigned to my Exchange 2010 Auto Attendant. I have configured my Lync 2010 Dial Plan first, then configured Exchange UM Dial Plan next. I plan to use the Exchange Auto Attendant to be my Auto Attendant for calls coming from both external (PSTN) and internal (Lync users).

My Exchange 2010 Dial Plan is set to 4 digits, SIP URI, and Secured options. I'm not sure if this has to Telephone Extension or E.164 format. I also created allow normalization rule in the all in the Dialing Rules of UM. If I dial in 1000 (XXXX), UM dial plan would translate it to +1000 (+XXXX).

Here is the problem. When a user, whether both from internal or external, dials in to the Exchange Auto Attendant, and tries to transfer a call to a specific Lync user by saying the name (if speech enabled) or if typing the extension number (if not speech enabled), the calls do not connect to the Lync client. The Auto Attendant would say "The call cannot be transfered...."

When I checked my event viewer, I keep on seeing the error below.

Event 1136 from UMCore

An error occurred while transferring a call to "1000". Additional information: The call transfer type is "Blind.", the transfer target is "phone number"

I would appreciate any help or information to resolve this. Thanks! :)

vinceq
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Drago,

Thanks for the inputs... I started trying to solve Event ID 1400 by first checking the Exchange server. I replaced the certificate for the UM server role since the original certificate was using owa.domain.com instead of the FQDN of the exchange server.

For Event 1400, here is what i did...

Symptom

UM Cannot make a TLS connection to the OCS 2007 Server

Cause

The UM server was using a wildcard cert. This type of cert cannot be used for TLS connectivity with OCS

Resolution

Re-issued a cert with the fqdn of the UM server as the subject name.

For Event 1079 and 1136, here is what i did... (Got some great help from local MS also for this one)

Symptom

Exchange Unified Messaging 2010 SP1 audio attendant for Lync is not transferring calls from external/PSTN users to internal Lync users with event id 1079 and 1136 being generated in EUM server

Cause

By default, Lync enables REFER support that sends the REFER to the Gateway.  In the customers scenario, they using a direct SIP trunk from a provider that is not using a Lync/W14 supported gateway.

Resolution

Disable REFER support in the Lync Trunk Support properties.

Regards,

Vince

vinceq
    • Marked as answer by Vince Q. _ Friday, January 28, 2011 3:26 PM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 3:26 PM

All replies

• You cannot have extensions as “1000”. Lync works with E.164 format (+1NPANXXxxxx i.e. +14255551234). You must either enter individual DID for each user or use “extension” format – “+14255551234:ext=1000”

Your dial plan must reflect the format you use. This is, if you use extension format, when dial 1000, the number must be normalized to +14255551234:ext=1000”

If you use DID, 1000 must be translated to +14255551234

Drago

http://ocsdude.blogspot.com | MVP Snom OCS Edition
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hi Drago,

Thanks for replying!

The extensions are all in E.164 format. Sorry if I forgot to add the + sign. Anyway, it is still not working.

When the AutoAttendant asks me to enter the extension of the User1, using the keypad in Lync client, I type in 1000. The AutoAttendant dials in, and after a few seconds, it says call cannot be transfered.

Here are the Event Logs I got in Exchange.

Event ID: 1079 Source: MSExchaneg Unifed Messaging

The VoIP platform encountered an exception Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.OperationTimeoutException: This operation has timed out.

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult`1.ThrowIfFailed()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult result, String operationId)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Call.EndTransferCore(IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.AudioVideoCall.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.BlindTransferSessionState.Call_TransferCompleted(IAsyncResult r)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.SubscriptionHelper.<>c__DisplayClass5f`1.<>c__DisplayClass62.<WrapCallback>b__5e()

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallSession.<>c__DisplayClassd.<CatchAndFireOnError>b__9()

Detected at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.OperationTimeoutException..ctor(String message)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipTransactionAsyncResult`1.Transaction_Timeout(Object sender, TransactionTimeoutEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Sip.SingleThreadedDispatcherQueue.DispatcherCallback(Object queue)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state) during the call with ID "86149e64178b400cb843fa64034b199f". This exception occurred at the Microsoft Exchange Speech Engine VoIP platform during an event-based asynchronous operation submitted by the Unified Messaging server. The Unified Messaging server will attempt to recover from this exception. If this warning occurs frequently, contact Microsoft Product Support.

Event ID: 1136 Source: MSExchange Unified Messaging

An error occurred while transferring a call to "ppsy@domain.com". Additional information: The call transfer type is "Blind.", the transfer target is "phone number", and the caller ID is: "86149e64178b400cb843fa64034b199f".

Event ID: 1400 Source: MSExchange Unified Messaging

The following UM IP gateways did not respond as expected to a SIP OPTIONS request.

Transport = TLS, Address = lyncfe.domain.com, Port = 5061, Response Code = 0, Message = This operation has timed out.

Familiar? Any ideas? Thanks!

vinceq
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:09 AM
  • Vince,

“…The following UM IP gateways did not respond as expected to a SIP OPTIONS request…”

This is a good place to start. Unlike OCS, Exchange UM had the so called “SIP ping” i.e. OPTIONS request since the beginning. This is not so much in order to find out if the Options on the gateway side have changed, but to be sure in advance if the gateway is alive and will respond. That is – if we have more than one gateway and one or more do not respond, the internal failover logic will route to the first available gateway (that has responded most recently). Lync, however, does have the same mechanism built in. Having said that, looks like there is a problem between Exchange UM and Lync.

“…Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.OperationTimeoutException: This operation has timed out…”

The UM server attempts to route the call and times out, which could be for two reasons – pure network/routing issue (less likely) or trust issue (certificate most probably). On Lync server, log SIP Stack and S4 (all flags) during such call and examine it. Let us know if find something out of order.

Drago

http://ocsdude.blogspot.com | MVP Snom OCS Edition
    Monday, January 24, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Hi Drago,

Thanks for the inputs... I started trying to solve Event ID 1400 by first checking the Exchange server. I replaced the certificate for the UM server role since the original certificate was using owa.domain.com instead of the FQDN of the exchange server.

For Event 1400, here is what i did...

Symptom

UM Cannot make a TLS connection to the OCS 2007 Server

Cause

The UM server was using a wildcard cert. This type of cert cannot be used for TLS connectivity with OCS

Resolution

Re-issued a cert with the fqdn of the UM server as the subject name.

For Event 1079 and 1136, here is what i did... (Got some great help from local MS also for this one)

Symptom

Exchange Unified Messaging 2010 SP1 audio attendant for Lync is not transferring calls from external/PSTN users to internal Lync users with event id 1079 and 1136 being generated in EUM server

Cause

By default, Lync enables REFER support that sends the REFER to the Gateway.  In the customers scenario, they using a direct SIP trunk from a provider that is not using a Lync/W14 supported gateway.

Resolution

Regards,

Vince

vinceq
    • Marked as answer by Vince Q. _ Friday, January 28, 2011 3:26 PM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 3:26 PM
  • I have a similar issue.

I have configured MS Lync and Exchange 2010 UM and voicemail seems to be working fine from the lync system and I can connect to the UM Auto Attendant.

However, when I call the Exchange UM system attendant from the MS Lync client.  I get connected and try to have the attendant transfer me to another lync user.  It finds the person and tries to transfer me but the connection sits and beeps and never transfers the call.

Also If I am in UM voice mail system and want to call the sender the same thing happens, the voice mail system will not connect me.

I do not see any errors in the event log on either the Lync server or the UM server.

I am new to this stuff and I am not sure why this is happening.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Spongey,

Try disabling REFER support in Lync Trunk Support properties.

posted it in my blog too... http://ucbyvince.blogspot.com/2011/02/exchange-2010-auto-attendant-not.html

Tell me if it works. :)

Vince Q. | MCSE: Security | MCTS: UC Voice, OCS, Server 2008
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:14 AM
  • I have seen this error also. Yes, disabling Refer works, but I ran into another solution where I only had to normalize the Calling Party number to be E164.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Resolution

Regards,

Vince

vinceq
    you sir are a god :)
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:12 AM