none
Uninstall Lync from office 2013

Question

• Hello ,
    Recently I installed office 2013 on my windows 8 pc. everything is working fine but I don't want Lync . First I tried recommended setting while installation but I could not uninstall Lync since whole office 2013 needed to uninstall . Then I went to custom installation and click on " not available "  from Lync options . Now I think Lync is uninstalled but there is another annoying thing happening that is whenever I turn my pc on there is a notification from Lync mentioning some file is missing . This is the link of the photo of that notification , I uploaded it on my skydrive please have a look .
    How can I get rid of it? Please Help .  

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi - I can't see the skydrive link you're mentioning.

I also take you already tried to run an Office installation repair with no success?

Alessio Giombini | Microsoft Solutions Architect | Twitter: @AlessioGiombini
    Lync 2013 Detailed Design Calculator: try it at http://goo.gl/jU1hZR

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 11:15 AM
  • If you cannot post the link, I'd suggest the fastest course of resolution would be to completely uninstall the offce 2013 suite and then re-install using the custom installation rather than the recommended as you did initiallly.

Kind regards
    Ben

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:17 PM
  • I am really sorry don't know why they did not let me post the link . But as I said I already uninstalled the recommended setting and installed again using custom setting and in the custom setting I select "not available " in the Lync options and then installed . and now there is one single problem that the notification keep coming while I start my pc that says some file is missing from lync . as soon as I can post the link I will let u know.

Thank you .
    Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Ah my bad, I thought you meant you performed a 'change' from programs and feature rather than a new install.

I'd save any troubleshooting time by performing a system restore to the point prior to installing office if that was only recently. Dirty, but fast. Then do you custom install again.

Kind regards
    Ben

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Hi Auntu1811,

You can’t remove Office programs individually after the suite has been installed. You must uninstall Office completely, and then reinstall it using a custom installation following the steps outlined above.

More details:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/excel-help/install-or-remove-individual-office-programs-and-components-HA010354261.aspx

So please try to uninstall Office 2013 and reinstall it again.

If the issue persists, it is more Office components related. Please also post this issue on Office forum for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 05, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Thanks for the reply  , this is exactly what I am looking for. I already did exactly the you said , I uninstalled , reinstalled and selected NOT AVAILABLE in the Lync option but whenever I turn my PC on immediately I got a Lync.exe - System Error notification that says  "The program cant start because RtmMvrAs.dll is missing from your computer . try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Thursday, December 05, 2013 1:23 PM