none
Group Chat certificate request

Question

• Hello there -- I am working to install Group Chat in my Lync development environment for testing, and am at an impasse.  My internal enterprise CA is hosted on 2008 R2 Core... so there is no web services feature to install for a web based certificate request.  how do i properly request the cert for the group chat server then?
    Monday, May 16, 2011 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hi, John,

Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat must be installed on a computer where Internet Information Services (IIS) is configured to support anonymous access to the website and uses an account that has administrator rights and permissions on the file repository folder specified during installation. Please refer to Configuring Web Service Settings in IIS for Group Chat Server.

You can use the procedures in Obtaining Certificates for Group Chat Server to obtain a certificate by using an internal enterprise CA and Windows Certificate Services.

You must use Internet Information Services (IIS) to configure the certificate for the server hosting the Web service. More info, please refer to Configuring the Web Service IIS Certificate for Group Chat Server.

Above all, hope helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi, John,

Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat must be installed on a computer where Internet Information Services (IIS) is configured to support anonymous access to the website and uses an account that has administrator rights and permissions on the file repository folder specified during installation. Please refer to Configuring Web Service Settings in IIS for Group Chat Server.

You can use the procedures in Obtaining Certificates for Group Chat Server to obtain a certificate by using an internal enterprise CA and Windows Certificate Services.

You must use Internet Information Services (IIS) to configure the certificate for the server hosting the Web service. More info, please refer to Configuring the Web Service IIS Certificate for Group Chat Server.

Above all, hope helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Hi! I am having a similar issue that is NOT being able to login to Lync Group Chat Admin Tool, I added the Web Certificate Template in my CA and enabled Domain Admins to Enroll the Certificate.

Then I duplicated that Web Server Template to Enterprise Server 2003 level and added Client and Server Authentication, and named it Lync Server.

Finally using the CA website I requested a new certificate for Group Chat Server using this new Lync Server template. The generated certificate had Client and Server authentication as well as the corresponding private key.

Alas the Admin Tool refuses to sign in :-(

Favad Q
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:20 PM