none
I can't sign in my Lync, error occures "It mignt be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try again"

Question

• I installed Lync 2013 on my work machine,but I can't sign in. Firstly,I have a question: when I saved my accoount and password info for logon atomatically, will the system save the info forever. If not, how long will the system save my logon info? Does the logon credential be created when I firstly logon to Lync? Generally, how long will the server change the user's logon credential?
    Monday, December 24, 2012 1:29 AM

Answers

• When you sign-in for a non-domain joined PC and click the save password box what you are telling the Lync Client to do is to save the certificate generated as part of the login process.  So after you have successfully logged in, you can open up the MMC and you will find a Communications certificate generated by your front-end servers that is valid for 180 days (by default - admins can change this setting).

As for the inability to login.  After you get the error you should be getting prompted to provide new credentials.  So is this a server/system you have been able to login to before?  Is the back-end server a Lync Server 2010 or Lync Server 2013?  If you use the Lync 2010 client, does it work?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, December 31, 2012 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, December 31, 2012 1:29 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 1:37 AM

All replies

• When you sign-in for a non-domain joined PC and click the save password box what you are telling the Lync Client to do is to save the certificate generated as part of the login process.  So after you have successfully logged in, you can open up the MMC and you will find a Communications certificate generated by your front-end servers that is valid for 180 days (by default - admins can change this setting).

As for the inability to login.  After you get the error you should be getting prompted to provide new credentials.  So is this a server/system you have been able to login to before?  Is the back-end server a Lync Server 2010 or Lync Server 2013?  If you use the Lync 2010 client, does it work?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, December 31, 2012 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, December 31, 2012 1:29 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Hi Richard,

Actually, I use Lync2010 all along untill I can't logon with no error info. I mean when I click sign in, the Lync stay in connecting state all the time. I move to Lync 2013 just to have a try, and then it showed another error I mentioned in the title.

I now tried 2010 again, it also shows "It mignt be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try again".

More info for you: I use a machine with a domain. The Lync start and login automaticlly with the start of my computer. I think my Lync account was bound with my computer login account.

Thanks

Tracy

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

Please enable the Lync logging in the Event View and log in again. When the error occurs again, please check the logs in the client Event View.

Have you tried to use other Lync account to sign in?

After clicking Sign In button, does it display the box of User name and Password? If this case, the format in the User name box should be "Domain\Account".

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

I can Logon my Lync now. It is the problem of my account.

Thanks anyway!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:46 AM