none
Lync Status view not updated

Answers

• Hi,

It is common for new enabled users of  lync that they are search only by SIP address, for the address book is preparing to synchronize, and this synchronization  happens 1:30AM local server time by default.  

Did the status work well when you add contact by search users by SIP address before contact list was pushed

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:46 AM

All replies

• Did this happened to internal user or external user?  Try to add a contact manually and see whether it works. The Microsoft may not support this problem caused by software not produced by itself.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:23 AM
  • It happens to internal users.

This was also a problem before the contact list was pushed.

Before, we had to search users by login name "example@example.com".
    We were unable to find them by name. That's why we had to use this application.

Even if we add the users manually, the status view remains empty.

A feature like this should be possible without the need for third-party applications.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:11 PM
  • Hi,

It is common for new enabled users of  lync that they are search only by SIP address, for the address book is preparing to synchronize, and this synchronization  happens 1:30AM local server time by default.  

Did the status work well when you add contact by search users by SIP address before contact list was pushed

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Lisa,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

OK I have tested this now on my own lync and indeed; when I add the user manually, the status view is populated.

How can I change the default synchronisation time?

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

You can enforce the synchronization by running  cmdlet  Update-CsAddressBook,  for more details  about updating the lync 2010 Address Book:

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/09/updating-the-lync-2010-address-book/

Friday, February 17, 2012 5:22 AM