none
Cannot create IM conference...

Question

• Hi this looks like on the web a error in some installtions..
    OCS 2007 R2 SE 2003 Server

I can communicate IM to IM but cannot add another person in. I get Event ID 32011 and 32050.

The Application Sharing Server has failed to create a conference because of an internal failure.

Conference URI: sip:user@server.domain.net;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:B764B8358FF4274B8056708703FDAC8E Exception: Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.OperationFailureException: The GetInbandDataAsyncResult operation has failed with message: "The data session subscription to server failed.". See the InnerException and FailureReason properties as well as the logs for additional information.  ---> FaultCode=
    ResponseCode=400 ResponseText=Invalid Contact information
    DiagnosticInformation=ErrorCode=1018,Source=server.domain.com,Reason=Parsing failure
    Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    OCS User Services
    Event Category:    (1006)
    Event ID:    32050
    Date:        4/02/2010
    Time:        2:52:35 PM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    AUMULOCS
    Description:
    A Create Conference request sent to an Mcu was rejected. It will be retried but if this error continues to occur conferencing functionality will be affected.

Mcu: https://server:444/liveserver/asmcu/ Conference: sip:user.support@server.net;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:B764B8358FF4274B8056708703FDAC8E Error: otherFailure
    Cause: Overloaded or incorrectly functioning MCU.
    Resolution:
    Ensure that the Mcu is functioning correctly.

I have deactivated and reactivated the web componennts server.

I am running a Stand alone CA on the server.

Can anybody help???

Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:59 AM

All replies

• Are you running Windows Server 2008 R2 as the host OS on the Front-End Server?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:03 AM
  • No the Front End server is running on 2003. Also I have read the earlier posts regarding network adapters I have disabled the redundant one. We are only using one adapter.

Thanks
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:05 AM
  • Im wondering if I should deactivate the application sharing server and reactivate it. What would the commands be for reactivating it?
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:09 AM
  • Another error that is popping up is EEvent id 32050

Description:
    A Create Conference request sent to an Mcu was rejected. It will be retried but if this error continues to occur conferencing functionality will be affected.

Mcu: https://ocservername:444/liveserver/asmcu/ Conference: sip:user.domainame.net;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:B764B8358FF4274B8056708703FDAC8E Error: otherFailure
    Cause: Overloaded or incorrectly functioning MCU.
    Resolution:
    Ensure that the Mcu is functioning correctly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What is going on with 444 how can I trouble shoot this site I cannot find 444 in IIS !
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:19 AM
  • Hi Tim 
    Kindly want to verify some information:
    Did you disable the redundant NIC after you installed the OCS server?
    Have found some same issue like yours, the good method is to reinstall the ocs server.
    Did the issue occur after you deployed OCS system, or well and then bad?
    What about your senario, EE server or SE server? What about the topology?
    Did you run the validation wizard on the cos server, and what about the inforation?
    You can try reissue the CERT for the server.
    Please make sure all the service work well.

Regards!
    gavin
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:28 AM
  • nic was always disabled it went bad worked at the start must be a rougue security patch breaking it...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:19 PM
  • Can you Please Run the

Validate Your Standard Edition Server Configuration

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441358(office.13).aspx
    and send the Report at

fazal2@hotmail.com

or you can copy it here as well.
    Please keep the Subject of the email as the Title of this Question

Regards

Fazal M Khan
    Monday, February 22, 2010 6:44 AM
  • Hey there,

I have an OCS 2007 R2 running on a Windows Server Enterprise 2008 SP2 (64 bits) and I also have been having this Event 32050 showing up on my logs, while some people have been having trouble using video. The client in question was using Windows 7 (64 bits).

Which one of the several "Validate Standard Server" options from the link you mentioned would you like to see?

Regards,

Daniel Gomes

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 10:25 AM
  • Jeff,

What is the issue you are implying on 2008 R2? Is it just OCS 2007 R2 patch related?

I have a Lync 2010 issue that I'm investigating on 2008 R2:

(DataMCURunTime,SessionController.InitializeSession:sessioncontroller.cs(2195))(0000000001B79DAB)[TraceId: 208123267] Failed initing session sip:user@domain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:754C5JMG. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException

I'm wondering if there maybe any file share permission issues.

Jed

Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:38 PM
  • At the time of that post Server 2008 R2 was not yet supported for OCS and web conferecing was one of the non-working scenarios.  Since then patches have been released for OCS support on Server 2008 R2.
    Jeff Schertz, Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, June 24, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Thanks Jeff, I thought as much.

I followed my hunch and indeed the Lync share did not have Read+Execute for Everyone granted so it was unable to use the file share for meeting content. This led to the issue of certain Web conferencing features not being available such as whiteboard, PPT and poll failing. I checked the debug logs after enabling the MCU tracing and could see the error:

(DataMCURunTime,SessionController.InitializeSession:sessioncontroller.cs(2195))(0000000001B79DAB)[TraceId: 208123267] Failed initing session sip:user@domain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:754C5JMG. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Changed the share permissions and all was well once more :)

Jed

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:38 AM