none
Lync Contact Photos, Federation & Web Addresses

Question

• Hi,

Have looked around online and on these forums to no avail.

The scenario is we Lync Enterprise fully deployed and all is well. We have a fully populated AD with photos imported which we did using the Exchange Management Shell. These work fine in Lync and SharePoint. Now I understand that only photos entered into the client as below can been seen by federated partners:

Because we're on a corporate domain we have policies setup so end users can't change or set their picture so they can't change this option. My question is - is there any way to set this URL in AD somewhere so it's done automatically without requiring anything from the end user?

Thanks,

P

Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Good to see you found my blog post/screenshot. :)

There's no way to set the photo URL in AD for Lync, it's an end-user setting that is (afaik) stored in the SQL back-end database for each user. It might be possible to modify the database so each user has the URL hardcoded that you specify, but I wouldn't know where to start with this one.

The only standard options for configuration of pictures is what I've written in my blog post - http://www.justin-morris.net/demystifying-photos-in-lync/

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Well, it seemed such a waste to take my own screenshots! This seems a limited feature, most corps aren't going to allow people to set the URL themselves so no photo federation.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:48 PM