none
how to change default 15 minute update lync/outlook etc.

Question

• Hi

I've been trying to tweak the interval between updates between lync and outlook.

I've tried changing:

mapipollinterval

webservcepollinterval

calendarstatepublicationinterval

disablecalendarpresence

but none of this seems to be changing anything clientside.

Everytime I made a change, I logged of the client, restarted lync, waited for ucmapi to kick in, and started outlook. Then created a new appointment with various times but nothing seems to make any difference.

Is there som default registry setting on clientside that overrules these changes?

Kindest regards, Martin
    Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:08 AM

All replies

• You should use the Lync Client Policies.

Configure them via Set-CsClientPolicy cmdlet and set the CalendarStatePublicationInterval to the desired value
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398300.aspx

CalendarStatePublicationInterval

Optional

Integer

Specifies the amount of time, in seconds, that Lync 2010 waits before retrieving calendar information from Microsoft Outlook and adding this data to your presence information.

For example, to set the CalendarStatePublicationInterval to 10 minutes (600 seconds) use this syntax:

- CalendarStatePublicationInterval 600

This setting is equivalent to the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Policy setting "Time interval to publish calendar data to presence."

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:24 AM
  • Hi

Thank you. I already tried changing the CSPI policy...

did not help me..

Kindest regards, Martin
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Hi,Martin,

Does the free/busy information update delay 15 mins happen to  all users or  only one user?

This is obviously but some ones  often forgot it,have you granted the policies to users after you set those client policies ?

Could you please also check the "Update free/busy information on the server every X minutes" in free/busy option in your outlook calendar?

Additionlly,could you eleborate on your runtime enviorment? What's the version of your server and client? Have you installed the latest update packages for Exchange,Lync and Outlook? 

Regards,

Sharon

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Hi Sharon.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!!!

It is all users. I only have a 'Global' policy which applies to all users. I have NOT granted any policy changes to any users. I assume it is adapted by the clients already using the 'Global' policy?

in outlook calendar I set (on my test user) I set the update to every 1 minute.

lync server is version: 4.0.7577.0

Client is: .314 but updated from .0 to 314, skipping CU2 etc.

Exchange is fully updated.

Kindest regards, Martin
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:50 PM
  • Hi,Martin,

When I said grant policy to users I specified to set the CalendarStatePublicationInterval with cmdlet Set-CsClientPolicy and then grant this policy to users with Grant-CsClientPolicy to make it effect.

The CU3 for Lync server is also available,could you please installed it either.You can get it from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2571546

Aso could you please verify that you have the latest package for Outlook client?

Regards,

Sharon

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:06 AM
  • hi

I've tried all these fixes and to no avail.

After going through setting the policies etc. I rebooted..

Then I logged in, opened outlook. Set a meeting 5 minutes later and waited.

When the time came nothing changed.

I tried a reboot and the status changed to busy

I set the meeting to end 5 minutes later, and now.. 6 minutes after the meeting scheduled to end I am still in 'busy' mode.

Outlook is newest package.

I tried with lynch cu3 as well..

Kindest regards, Martin
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:11 PM
  • and NO registry settings are overruling any of this?

any setting that I should be aware of?

Kindest regards, Martin
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:13 PM