none
How to integrate Polycom CS5000 with Lync 2010 Server

Question

• How to integrate Polycom CS5000 with Lync, I mean I need to register the SIP account in CS5000. So that over the network I can use the devise. 

Krishna

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The CX5000 just is a Lync phone edition client. The SIP account still need to be registered on Lync FE server. You can not register it on the phone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:28 AM
  • No this is not possible. The CX5000 is an USB device and only works with a computer attached through USB.

The network port is for updates only.

Certified IT Professional Lync Server 2010 / Exchange 2007 - http://www.uwictpartner.be
    If you think my post is the answer to your question, please mark it as answer so future visitors can easily find it.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• Krishna,

I assume you are asking about the CX5000, which is basically just a USB-camera which is connected to a Windows Lync client, so there is no additional work required to use that device with Lync.

See this blog article for more details on the CX5000: http://blog.schertz.name/2012/02/update-cx5000-rt-firmware/

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Yes Jeff, i mean CX5000..i have tested with USB it's working fine.

My qustion is, is there anyway to configure SIP account on CX5000..?, i mean we should be able to use Lync client on CX5000 without connecting to any machine. since it has a Network port i assume we can login to Lync over the network... do we have sush option..?

Krishna

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Hi,

The CX5000 just is a Lync phone edition client. The SIP account still need to be registered on Lync FE server. You can not register it on the phone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:28 AM
  • No this is not possible. The CX5000 is an USB device and only works with a computer attached through USB.

The network port is for updates only.

Certified IT Professional Lync Server 2010 / Exchange 2007 - http://www.uwictpartner.be
    If you think my post is the answer to your question, please mark it as answer so future visitors can easily find it.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Thank you All, for voluble inputs  

Kris

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:25 AM
  • FYI the CX5000 is not a Lync Phone Edition client, it uses a completely separate firmware package totally unrelated to the Tanjay or Aries LPE releases.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:53 PM