none
Error showing while Installing SCOM Report server

Question

• Hi 

I am following a single server deployment of operations manager,i created separate instance for both operational database and data warehouse(reporting),when i tried to install report server,it shows the below error,and i am using MSSQL 2012 SP1,can you please help me the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Nikhil

Friday, October 18, 2013 10:04 PM

Answers

• Please check the following permission for DB Reader and DB writer account

Data writer Account

Server

Setting

role

Microsoft SQL Server

Operational database

db_datareader

Microsoft SQL Server

Operational database

dwsync_user

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

OpsMgrWriter

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

db_owner

Data Reader Account

Server

Setting

role

Microsoft SQL Server

Reporting server

Report Server Execution Account

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

OpsMgrReader

Roger

• Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:57 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:07 AM
  • Nikhil,

First, make sure you are using the install media for [SCOM 2012 SP1] or [SCOM 2012 R2], as [SCOM 2012] isn't compatible with SQL 2012.

Also, make sure the Data Warehouse account is:

1. Local Administrator on the OPS DB Server
    2. Local Administrator on the OPS Reporting DB Server
    3. DW Account has sysadmin access ( you can trim this down later, not sure what the exact privs are ) 

Also, if the initial install fails - before you try it again (after changing account permissions or whatever),  you might have to delete the DBs and remove SSRS, then reinstall:

http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-repair-ssrs-when-resetsrsexe.html

HTH,

Deepak

• Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nikhil GS Friday, October 25, 2013 12:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Friday, October 25, 2013 12:05 AM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I installed SQL server 2008,Now able to install Reporting server.

Previously i was trying with SQL 2012

i have a concern is SCOM 2012 R2 SP1 is not compatible with SQL 2012 can you give a clear picture

Thank You very much

Regards,

Nikhil

• Edited by Nikhil GS Friday, October 25, 2013 12:05 AM updated one
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Graham,

I am following a single server deployment of operations manager,i created separate instance for both operational database and data warehouse(reporting),when i tried to install report server,it shows the below error,and i am using MSSQL 2012 SP1,can you please help me the root cause of the issue. 

Regards,

Nikhil

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Did you check the SCOM requirements http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh205990.aspx
    SCOM reporting server requires a dedicated SQL instance
    Have you tried installing the SCOM Reporting Server using the command prompt http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh298611.aspx
    if you create a new instance besides the default MSSQL and include 'MSSQL' in the name of the new instance, the installation of the Reporting Server may fail (from the above screeshot the instance name is MSSQLSERVER101 so try to select a dedicated SQL instance name that doesn't include MSSQL)
    Friday, October 18, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your quick response,

All the scom requirements are met,in the same server i suceesfully configured management server and web console and the SSRS was configure by as per the blog http://jimmoldenhauer.blogspot.com/2012/11/sql-2008r2-configuring-ssrs-for-scom.html

i create a new sql instance DEMONOC(with out containing MSSQL in the name ),then also it showing the below mentioned error.

any help will be thankfull

Regards,

Nikhil

• Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nikhil GS Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:52 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Hi Ayman,

All the scom requirements are met,in the same server i suceesfully configured management server and web console and the SSRS was configure by as per the blog http://jimmoldenhauer.blogspot.com/2012/11/sql-2008r2-configuring-ssrs-for-scom.html

i create a new sql instance DEMONOC(with out containing MSSQL in the name ),then also it showing the below mentioned error.

Regards,

Nikhil

Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:13 AM
  • Did you check the SCOM requirements http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh205990.aspx
    SCOM reporting server requires a dedicated SQL instance
    Have you tried installing the SCOM Reporting Server using the command prompt http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh298611.aspx
    if you create a new instance besides the default MSSQL and include 'MSSQL' in the name of the new instance, the installation of the Reporting Server may fail (from the above screeshot the instance name is MSSQLSERVER101 so try to select a dedicated SQL instance name that doesn't include MSSQL)

Hi Ayman,

Regards,

Nikhil

Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:18 AM
  • And did you check if the reporting services is configured correctly http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh298611.aspx
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:27 AM
  • Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:16 PM
  • 1) Report server and Report SeverTempDB both are present under the DEMONOC instance in SQL Server               Management studio.
    2) Report server status is started in Reporting services configuration manager
    3) Status column has the value Joined  in the navigation pane Scale-out- Deployment
    4) SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Agent services are in started state and Start-up Type is Automatic.
    5) Both the reporter server website and Report Manger website is functioning correctly
    6) Successfully created New Folder  

Regards,

Nikhil

Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:58 PM
  • Hi Stefan,

I configured SSRS reporting services successfully

1)Report server and Report SeverTempDB both are present under the DEMONOC instance in SQL Server               Management studio.
    2)Report server status is started in Reporting services configuration manager
    3)Status column has the value Joined  in the navigation pane Scale-out- Deployment
    4)SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Agent services are in started state and Start-up Type is Automatic.
    5)Both the reporter server website and Report Manger website is functioning correctly
    6)Successfully created New Folder under Report Manger website

Regards,

Nikhil

Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:06 PM
  • Hi Nikhil,

When I was installing SCOM 2012 Reporting on SQL 2008 R2, I had the same issue. Though all requirements are met, still i got this error. As I did this few months back, I couldn't recollect what I did to resolve it(I am bad on documenting it).

But I believe I did changes in Account access. I think I have added the Service Account in Local admin of server and gave full access(SYSAdmin) to all DB's. Please give a try.

Regards, Suresh

Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:43 PM
  • Please check the following permission for DB Reader and DB writer account

Data writer Account

Server

Setting

role

Microsoft SQL Server

Operational database

db_datareader

Microsoft SQL Server

Operational database

dwsync_user

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

OpsMgrWriter

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

db_owner

Data Reader Account

Server

Setting

role

Microsoft SQL Server

Reporting server

Report Server Execution Account

Microsoft SQL Server

Data warehouse database

OpsMgrReader

Roger

• Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:57 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

thanks in advance

I am not expert in SQL ,i am trying to sort it out with your information

Regards,

Nikhil

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:13 AM
  • Nikhil,

First, make sure you are using the install media for [SCOM 2012 SP1] or [SCOM 2012 R2], as [SCOM 2012] isn't compatible with SQL 2012.

Also, make sure the Data Warehouse account is:

1. Local Administrator on the OPS DB Server
    2. Local Administrator on the OPS Reporting DB Server
    3. DW Account has sysadmin access ( you can trim this down later, not sure what the exact privs are ) 

Also, if the initial install fails - before you try it again (after changing account permissions or whatever),  you might have to delete the DBs and remove SSRS, then reinstall:

http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-repair-ssrs-when-resetsrsexe.html

HTH,

Deepak

• Marked as answer by Nikhil GS Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nikhil GS Friday, October 25, 2013 12:05 AM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I installed SQL server 2008,Now able to install Reporting server.

Previously i was trying with SQL 2012

i have a concern is SCOM 2012 R2 SP1 is not compatible with SQL 2012 can you give a clear picture

Thank You very much

Regards,

Nikhil

• Edited by Nikhil GS Friday, October 25, 2013 12:05 AM updated one
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:51 PM