none
Deploy Monitoring Server Reports Error

Question

• Walked through the monitoring server setup. Got to the "Deploy Monitoring Server Reports" step and I am getting an error.

It grants role access to my account fine. But then throws the error below. Not sure where I would grab the log file from.

Start to deploy reports...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report server has encountered a configuration error.  ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. 

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.FindItems(String Folder, BooleanOperatorEnum BooleanOperator, SearchCondition[] Conditions, CatalogItem[]& Items)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005.FindItems(String Folder, BooleanOperatorEnum BooleanOperator, SearchCondition[] Conditions, CatalogItem[]& Items)

An error occurred when deploying Monitoring Server Reports. For details, see the log.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

• Does your SSRS instance SQL version (version and SP level) match the SQL version of your database instance that has the monitoring databases?  If not, it needs to.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    • Marked as answer by lynchirro Friday, February 03, 2012 1:32 PM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 2:41 AM

All replies

• Does your SSRS instance SQL version (version and SP level) match the SQL version of your database instance that has the monitoring databases?  If not, it needs to.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    • Marked as answer by lynchirro Friday, February 03, 2012 1:32 PM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 2:41 AM
  • I ended up just blowing out the server and starting fresh. The second attempt went according to plan per the deployment guide.
    Friday, February 03, 2012 1:31 PM